Tredz Bikes

banditvic
banditvic Posts: 549
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Just purchased a Cannondale CAADX Tiagra Disc model from Tredz Bikes, it was on offer at £649.00 down from £1000. They have emailed me today saying the bike is no longer available, even though I phoned them yesterday and was informed it would be 3 or 4 days coming.
I also purchased the bike through their credit dealer and paid the deposit. They have offered me a Merida Cyclo Cross 3-MD 2014 bike at a reduced price.
Just wanted to know where I stand on this one regarding credit company etc. I have emailed them again saying that I wasn't happy and didn't want the Merida but just waiting to hear back from them.

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Did you order it from their website?

If so it's likely you fell foul of them not updating their stock list in good time. They have 3 retail outlets and it's possible the Cannondale was stocked at one of those and go sold to a "walk-in" punter. When their on line order processing kicked in, the bike was not there to sell to you.

If you're not happy with the Merida don't feel obliged to accept it. Ask for a refund of your deposit and go shopping elsewhere.

These things happen I'm afraid.
  • The way i see it is that you paid a deposit and signed an agreement for a CAADX. They can not fulfil the agreement so it should be null and void and the deposit should be refunded.
    or
    They should accept that they cannot fulfil an agreement they entered into and offer you a bike of a higher value as compensation for the failure to fulfil or refund you in full and cancel any credit agreement
    Cannondale CAAD 10
    Genesis Equilibrium Disc 10
    Bird Zero TR
  • obviously you would have to accept any replacement bike and if you didnt then a refund is the only answer.
    Cannondale CAAD 10
    Genesis Equilibrium Disc 10
    Bird Zero TR
  • banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    Thanks for your replies it's just I don't know how I stand with the loan I have got through them.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I would assume since your contract was to buy a specific bike on credit from Tredz which they have not supplied you should be able to cancel the credit. You did not take out credit on a buy whatever bike they have left deal.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,643
    I buy from Tredz every now and again, mainly from their store in Cardiff but sometimes from their store in Swansea. I first purchased from them online but experienced what you have, placed an order and paid in order for them to subsequently say the item was not in stock. I spoke to them by phone to query why something on their website which was indicated to be in stock was actually unavailable, their response was that their systems were not yet able to update rapidly enough. I find that pretty poor, and if that's still the case (a couple of years later) then I would consider that they don't consider it to be an issue.
    Ever since that experience I've only ever bought from them if I happen to be in the vicinity and pop in if I need something or I check online then phone them to see if the product is in one of their stores then I drive down and get it.
    Note, if you check their website for a price they will honour it in store, I always check this when I am in the store before getting to the counter. Their staff in store are pretty good, I have to add.