Wiel cycles

pmoore2007
pmoore2007 Posts: 30
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Just a heads up about these guys who advertise on ebay. Not good to deal with. If you order a frame they will not let you return it.

Hers my story: I received bike it was too small, they said I could return it, when i did postage cost me £20 now they have emailed me a few days after I posted it to say dont return it as they will have to pay shipping back to their EU depot and I should simply BUY ANOTHER SIZE.

Not happy at all.

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Well the old adage of 'buy cheap, buy twice' certainly holds true here...
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Grill wrote:
    Well the old adage of 'buy cheap, buy twice' certainly holds true here...

Lesson learned, but in fairness they do say they take returns so they have no comeback. Ill open a case with ebay
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    Are you sure that they mean they will NOT end you a replacement bike but will refund your money. You then order another size bike.

By doing it this way you pay for the return of the wrong size on the basis that the incorrect size was your fault not theirs.

If they send out a replacement to your returned bike then they are paying to post a bike twice but will only have received payment for postage once, when you bought the first bike.
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    This is the bike you didn't want before it even arrived yes?

Also are you going for a record of most new threads opened by one person?
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    They advertise their wheelsets in Germany. Wouldn't touch anything they sell. Seems cheap and nasty low quality stuff. Sorry you got burned there. Best to just try and get rid and move on I guess
  • Navrig2 wrote:
    Are you sure that they mean they will NOT end you a replacement bike but will refund your money. You then order another size bike.

By doing it this way you pay for the return of the wrong size on the basis that the incorrect size was your fault not theirs.

If they send out a replacement to your returned bike then they are paying to post a bike twice but will only have received payment for postage once, when you bought the first bike.

No they told me to keep the old one and then purchase a new one.
  • LinkD
    LinkD Posts: 30
    pmoore2007 wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:

No they told me to keep the old one and then purchase a new one.

Although they're obviously trying to give you the run about, I wouldn't worry as the transaction has taken place via ebay and thus you're covered under their buyer protection scheme. So worst come to worst, you can simply open a case and luckily for you Ebay are renown for favouring the buyer! If 'wiel cycles' don't cough up, then I wouldn't be suprised if Ebay do.

Good luck.
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    It's his fault why are you talking like they've scammed him?
  • lawrences wrote:

Am i not entitled to return goods once i have seen it in the flesh???

They have a returns policy but were failing to abide to it. How can you argue in their favour??
  • LinkD
    LinkD Posts: 30
    lawrences wrote:

Sorry but going off the information the OP has provided, they have denied him a refund (all business sellers on Ebay are obliged to give a refund if requested within 14 days of receipt of the item) and simply told him to buy another frame. So they failed to abide by the advertised returns policy that they are bound to, but they haven't 'scammed' him? Hmmm.
  • LinkD wrote:
    lawrences wrote:

Sorry but going off the information the OP has provided, they have denied him a refund (all business sellers on Ebay are obliged to give a refund if requested within 14 days of receipt of the item) and simply told him to buy another frame. So they failed to abide by the advertised returns policy that they are bound to, but they haven't 'scammed' him? Hmmm.

Ive been back n forth all day with them on this and they have agreed to a full refund probably because i was opening a case on Ebay and would be protected by Ebay. So hopefully this will be sorted soon. Cheers for the input guys. Just making people aware.

Good night !!
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Looking at their goods, it just looks like someone has struck a deal with one of the many cheaper end Chinese outlets and is merely selling the stuff with their own branding label. Because most people have cottoned on to the inferior qualities of the cheap Chinese stuff, having it sold through a European outlet somehow fools people into thinking it's better quality.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.