Ribble bike builder

pmoore2007
pmoore2007 Posts: 30
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Im thinking of using this service. Does anyone know how long it takes from ordering the bike to it being delivered? Anyone purchased a bike using bike builder? Does it come built with handle bars off etc?

Comments

• navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    Phone or email them for answers on delivery times.

The Special Edition bikes will be cheaper than variants under the Bike Builder.

They come with wheels off, saddle/tube out, bars off and forks turned in but cables etc all connected.

I've two bought under the Special Editions tab.
  • welsh_14
    welsh_14 Posts: 259
    Just bought a Gran Fondo using the bike builder. I was told it usually took 2 working weeks, but actually turned up in 7/8 days.

Mine came with handlebars/stem off so had to fit them and attach the seat post collar, seat post and saddle. Everything else was fitted. I ordered mine without peddles so don't know whether they will come fitted if you've ordered them with the bike.
  • The Special Editions are cheaper (but not much), but with Bike Builder you have more of a choice when it comes to your wheels, finishing kit and saddle.
    Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set
  • Great info cheers guys
  • I was looking at the R872 looks a nice bike. I wont buy decent wheels with it as I have a new set of Fulrum R5's which will do me fine. Although I do like some of planet X wheels which have black rims which complete the stealth look even more
  • Ordered a r872 on the 8th and was told current build times are 12-15 days . Don't bother trying to ring I found it much easier to email and would generally respond same day
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Check out Dolan too. They have a carbon bike with new Rival 11 speed for £1k.