Nukeproof Mega AM

01samuelr
01samuelr Posts: 31
edited March 2015 in Your mountain bikes
Here is my new toy. Decided to go for the AM over the TR because it felt like it climbed the same but ripped it on the downs and was comfier on the longer rides.
Took it out to CYB and did the mbr route last night. This thing flies on the downs and was ok on the ups its got the 36t chainring up front and i must say that i only ran out of legs once. So i don't know if its worth bothering with a smaller chainring. Wee shall how my other rides go, also i quite fancy leaving it on to get my fitness up.

imagejpg1.jpg

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Nice :)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Sweet looking bike bud!
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • 01samuelr
    01samuelr Posts: 31
    Ok after a hard winters riding it now needs a new headset. Looking for a hope item. Could anyone tell me what i need from the mix and match and if i need a new crown race? Im a complete novice when it involves headsets
  • Sir.Swish
    Sir.Swish Posts: 80
    You can't replace them on these, your only option is to sell the bike to me, 10am tomorrow sound good? :wink:
    2015 Giant Glory 1 27.5
    1975 Vindec Vogue
    1968 Raleigh RSW "Boris"

xX Forever in our hearts mum Xx
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    Great looking bike, welcome to the NP club :wink:

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • The Nukeproofs look amazing these days! It's great to hear a ride report on them, as I'm looking at going either XC or AM for my next MTB purchase after a few years on road/cyclocross bikes.

I'd say leave the larger chainring on. It will help improve fitness as long as you are not churning away too hard on the gears and causing knee damage.
  • Don B
    Don B Posts: 122
    Have seen a couple of these at my local trails...classy looking machine