Chainset advice please?

chazh
chazh Posts: 33
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi, I have a Bianchi Via Nirone, Veloce groupset but with an FSA MegaExo 10-speed compact chainset (Omega?). Said chainset is going through bottom bracket bearings like there's no tommorow (ok, slight exaggeration) and it's getting on my nerves.

So, can anyone recommend a suitable replacement? I'm disinclined to go for the matching Campagnolo Veloce chainset despite its Campag-loveliness as all I've heard is that Power-torque is a pain to work with and I'd like to be able to easily maintain it myself.

Would an 11-speed chainset be compatible with the 10-speed set-up I currently have? (He asks, with one eye on future upgrade possibilities...)

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Have a look in to picking up an campagnolo ultra-torque chainset.

I think Merlin were doing some offers on them, if not second hand on ebay maybe?
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    chazh wrote:
    Hi, I have a Bianchi Via Nirone, Veloce groupset but with an FSA MegaExo 10-speed compact chainset (Omega?). Said chainset is going through bottom bracket bearings like there's no tommorow (ok, slight exaggeration) and it's getting on my nerves.

So, can anyone recommend a suitable replacement? I'm disinclined to go for the matching Campagnolo Veloce chainset despite its Campag-loveliness as all I've heard is that Power-torque is a pain to work with and I'd like to be able to easily maintain it myself.

Would an 11-speed chainset be compatible with the 10-speed set-up I currently have? (He asks, with one eye on future upgrade possibilities...)

Thanks for any help.

Have a look at Miche chainsets - this will keep the 'Made in Italy' theme running nicely on your bike