Phridai

GiantMike
GiantMike Posts: 3,139
edited August 2014 in The bottom bracket
End of the week. It's been emotional.

Comments

• GiantMike
    Today I will be mostly doing accounts this morning, then building a bathroom box section this afternoon, then putting up a towel rail and plumbing in a bath.

There is fresh milk at work so I don't have to fish the floating bits out of my tea.
  • Just been told that my sons "drum off" at the end of his week long Rock School has been moved to 3pm instead of the planned 4:30. Now have to persuade the MD that it's for a good cause that he lets me off work early. (my future life as the parent of a rock god.)
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Spurred on by the hard working Arran I am now cleaning bike 5, the shiny one :D

Eating second breakfast, grilled cheddar and onion on the thinnest slice of bread known to man, according to the digital readout on the vernier scale it is 2.873mm :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,025
    Running around like an idiot as I'm off for a week tomorrow, sunning myself by the pool and drinking beer. Fishing out at sea one day away from the kids too which should be good.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,546
    Went shopping in the West End last night after work, followed by a bit too much free booze supplied by people hoping to get business off me (no chance :) ). Woke up at 5am on account of the excess grog and had to wake myself up by pedalling extra hard into work this morning. Just tucking into some bargain Chinese take away before the next round of desk jockey fun and games starts...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • GiantMike
    team47b wrote:
    Eating second breakfast, grilled cheddar and onion on the thinnest slice of bread known to man, according to the digital readout on the vernier scale it is 2.873mm :D
    Sounds like a challenge
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    team47b wrote:
    Spurred on by the hard working Arran

I'll have you know that I have been working hard this morning trying to remember how I priced 284 apartments 18 months ago, I can't remember what I had for breakfast FFS :roll:

This afternoon I plan mostly to do nothing to make up for it :lol:

Rehearsal at church tonight for a WWI remembrance service on Sunday, think I'll follow it by a run to clear my head after all this mornings thinking :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Walked the dogs, rode the horses, had a lovely breakfast of bacon, sausage, poached egg on granary toast with brown sauce (with a mug of teh) Now debating whether to join the cruddy people at the weekend or if Sunday will be dry.

Stevo you sorted those shoes yet?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Walked the dogs, rode the horses, had a lovely breakfast of bacon, sausage, poached egg on granary toast with brown sauce (with a mug of teh) Now debating whether to join the cruddy people at the weekend or if Sunday will be dry.

Yep, tried something a bit different and went for some Barkers brogues. A relative bargain compared.to Church and Loake !
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Afternoon folks,
    Had a fryday Friday with my second trip to the cafe this week, feeling a bit snoozy now. Work has been quite busy as it's a new month so the account punters are ordering as though they are getting another 30 days of credit, mainly because they are.
    might enter the London to Brighton off road ride in September and do it on the CX bike. It'll be a bit jiggly, but a lot faster.
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    Just on wind down due to taking 2 week annual leave from today!

Book in!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yep, tried something a bit different and went for some Barkers brogues.

I knew I was right with that picture of you in the What Does Stevo Look Like thread :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Flâneur
    Can't go wrong with Barkers and you save a few quid.

Just spent 15 minutes on hold to a customer service line, with shit music and shit advice every other minute through a computer tone. Hung up but is it any wonder after being on hold some poor sod at the other end gets a bad tempered customer
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yep, tried something a bit different and went for some Barkers brogues.

I knew I was right with that picture of you in the What Does Stevo Look Like thread :lol:
    Oh yeah, it's judgment day today :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

Yep, tried something a bit different and went for some Barkers brogues. A relative bargain compared.to Church and Loake !

Barkers are excellent - I got married in some (made a change form getting married in church - boom tish) and wore them for years afterwards - really, really good quality. I've had some Herrings chukka boots for years as well- as good as Barkers.

What kind of brogue did you go for - this sort of stuff is important you know......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

Barkers are excellent - I got married in some (made a change form getting married in church - boom tish) and wore them for years afterwards - really, really good quality. I've had some Herrings chukka boots for years as well- as good as Barkers.

What kind of brogue did you go for - this sort of stuff is important you know......
    These ones - it says 'Anderson Black Cobbler' on the box. Came with a decent shoe horn, spare set of laces and some really swish shoe bags 8) Got them from the Barkers shop in Lower Regent Street - worth a visit even if you're not buying shoes as the blonde sales assistant is really hot :twisted:

Barker-Barker%20Anderson-Black%20Cobbler-6711-3517-3.jpg
  • Flâneur
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    worth a visit even if you're not buying shoes as the blonde sales assistant is really hot :twisted:

Noted,
    Hope you have some brown ones for other suits as well
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy