Falcon Fat Track ATB

MtbMole
MtbMole Posts: 3
edited August 2014 in MTB beginners
Hi, I recently started cycling along more MTB Trails and was just wondering as to whether anybody has heard of (or previously owned) the same make and model of bike I have recently purchased. I have never really been into trail riding and only just started going, but I have been riding a bike since I was 6 (I'm 16 now) I bought this bike because:
1) it was cheap
2) it looked ok
3) it is a hardtail
I wanted a bike and my dad saw this one for sale not too far away from where he was so he bought it and brought it home for me. It rides very well, yet with the rigid forks, going across Rock Gardens on trails is a bit uncomfortable, so can you swap the rigid forks for susp. ones? and if anybody has previously owned one of these bikes, did you make any changes to it?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Looking at images on line it looks like a quill stem, so you'd either have to find threaded forks in the right size, or upgrade the headset, stem etc.
    Post a pic might help a bit.
    But when I was your age (about a million years ago) all bikes were rigid. We were tough.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It's not really a mountain bike, it's styled to look like one but that's all. You won't be able to fit good quality forks to that frame.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I'd stick with the forks you have, just fit some bigger volume tyres (don't go mad) to take the sting out of any rocks and other roughness, but it's nit really designed for mountain biking (hence why it's an all terrain bike) so work it too hard and you may find the forks folding up underneath you.

The going rate seems to be about £35, with a bit of luck you can pick up something useable as a mountain bike for that.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • MtbMole
    MtbMole Posts: 3
    I think I'm just going to ride this bike until it breaks and then i'll look into purchasing something more suited to mountain biking.