Carbon Frame on a budget?

pmoore2007
pmoore2007 Posts: 30
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi guys looking for some input. Been thinking of building my own road bike and was wondering if there is anywhere that is doing good deals on Carbon Frames. Ive ordered a Wiel carbon frame off E-bay not realizing it was a chinese import. So may be looking at buying another frame in the near future. Any advse welcome.

Comments

• lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    Second hand.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Depends what you mean by a good deal but you're probably best to stick with the likes of Planet X to be honest.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Secondhand.
  • chanjy
    chanjy Posts: 200
    You don't want one that's imported? Good luck finding one!?

Surely if you've ordered then it's too late anyway?
  • pmoore2007
    chanjy wrote:

I dont mean not imported I meant imported from china with limited testing fake pinarello /dogma etc. I have ordered it but was under the impression it was coming from holland. Once I found out it was china I'm tempted to return it.
  • pmoore2007 wrote:
    chanjy wrote:

I dont mean not imported I meant imported from china with limited testing fake pinarello /dogma etc. I have ordered it but was under the impression it was coming from holland. Once I found out it was china I'm tempted to return it.

Interesting you've asked for advice after buying.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Why make you think that all Chinese frames have a dodgy rep? If you search you'll find plenty of decent Chinese frames on ebay with a good rep - not all companies are knocking out Chinarellos.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • pmoore2007
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Why make you think that all Chinese frames have a dodgy rep? If you search you'll find plenty of decent Chinese frames on ebay with a good rep - not all companies are knocking out Chinarellos.

I don't think all are knocking out chinarellos but i do have reservations about testing for example the frame I bought doesn't come with a guarantee. So I probably made an error in buying it in the first place. got involved in an ebay bidding war and couldn't say no :P
  • pmoore2007
    pmoore2007 wrote:
    chanjy wrote:

Interesting you've asked for advice after buying.

Im most likely returning the frame i bought hence why I'm asking for advise.
  • lawrences
    You're posting a bike frame back to china that you bought off Ebay?

That's going to be expensive if they do even let you have any money back.
  • pmoore2007
    lawrences wrote:
    You're posting a bike frame back to china that you bought off Ebay?

That's going to be expensive if they do even let you have any money back.

The returns address is in brighton oddly enough.
  • lawrences
    So you thought it was coming from Holland but it came from China and the return address is Brighton?

Does this frame exist? Because sounds like you've been scammed to me.

I did some googling and you haven't been scammed but it does sound bloody weird.
  • pmoore2007
    lawrences wrote:
    So you thought it was coming from Holland but it came from China and the return address is Brighton?

Does this frame exist? Because sounds like you've been scammed to me.

I did some googling and you haven't been scammed but it does sound bloody weird.

Its actually arrived today mate. so it is real. I paid through paypal on ebay so should be secure enough anyways.