Now That's What I Call a Remote Controlled Plane

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited July 2014 in The cake stop
Was having a chat with my son earlier this evening about the coolest/iconic airliners. I said the VC-10 was a lovely design. Showed him on You of the Tube and this footage was on there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAOh2yd1K7k
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    My father-in-law is a model plane nut, he has a huge workshop full of the things, some of them take up the whole of the back of a people carrier with the seats folded down but that one is insane :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    That is magnificent!

There's a chap on my site who has a single jet RC plane that he wheels out and starts up every now and again. It took him 10 years to build it and It has never flown, he's too afraid of crashing it! Shame.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Peat wrote:
    That is magnificent!

There's a chap on my site who has a single jet RC plane that he wheels out and starts up every now and again. It took him 10 years to build it and It has never flown, he's too afraid of crashing it! Shame.

Tell him to insure it, that way he is covered, such a shame after all of that hard work.
    Living MY dream.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    By eck that is some kit. Could it not carry passengers, albeit small ones?
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Wow!

I never realised they got that big - just amazing.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Mikey23 wrote:
    By eck that is some kit. Could it not carry passengers, albeit small ones?

Maybe Richard Hammond?
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Impressive bit of kit. I had a flick through some of the other recommended videos, some very cool stuff on there!
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    That's just brilliant.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    What's really funny is when they crash :) I can fly them quite well, still got a three in the loft, aerobatic stuff really 60" wingspan kind of thing.

This video is funny, you might have to right click and save then run it as the server is slow. Always made me laugh as the video is obviously 80s, in the 80s you didn't get semi-built kits you could build in an afternoon either, which makes it funnier as crash so many of them :)

The choice of backing music is genius, and watching them go out of control before they can't recover what's bound to happen is great :)

http://www.mit.edu/~juhan/mov_planes/dvd_v4.mp4