My Modest Felt F95

zanush
zanush Posts: 161
edited August 2014 in Your road bikes
IMG_0068.jpg
IMG_0067.jpg
IMG_0066.jpg

Still need to get the best postion for the bars and i think i'm going to try out my spare charge spoon as i'm not a fan of the felt saddle. I have noticed now that i have put the front quick release on the righthand side, does that really matter?
Boardman Fs Team
Felt F95

Comments

• johnnymcg259
    johnnymcg259 Posts: 569
    Yeah, quick releases always on the lhs please :D ....thems the rules! It looks nice though, what size frame please?
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Yeah bars need rotating down somewhat.

It's a handsome frame.
  • blue64
    blue64 Posts: 8
    Good choice,I've owned one of these since 2011, they are great bikes . Enjoy!
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    holiver wrote:
    Yeah bars need rotating down somewhat.

It's a handsome frame.

That's the first thing I noticed, nice bike ;)
  • zanush
    :D
    Yeah, quick releases always on the lhs please :D ....thems the rules! It looks nice though, what size frame please?
    It's only a 51cm frame as i'm a bit of a shortarse and the quick release is now on the lefthand side :wink:

I tried my fav mtb saddle the charge spoon but it was much more uncomfortable than the felt saddle so that is now back on for now.

I also rotated the bars but for this 42 year old it doesn't arf hurt my back so i don't know whether to rotate them back up and slowly down as i get used to a road bike.
    Boardman Fs Team
    Felt F95
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    You could try flipping the stem over to raise the height of the bar itself and then rotating the bar so you have a nice flat area on the hoods to rest your hands.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    holiver wrote:
    You could try flipping the stem over to raise the height of the bar itself and then rotating the bar so you have a nice flat area on the hoods to rest your hands.

Exactly what I did. All these "slam the stem" types must be younger and more flexible than me, at a massive 37...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I did exactly the same and flipped the stem.
  • zanush
    Tbh i didn't think about flipping the stem but i will give that a try over the weekend as it's not worth aggrivating the creaky old back anymore :wink:
    Boardman Fs Team
    Felt F95
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Looks nice. I've got a Z95 and it's great for the cash. My stem came flipped down, I reversed it as it felt better at the time, I may try flipping it now as I'm getting a bit more bendy.