2»

Comments

• sy1975
    sy1975 Posts: 95
    sherer wrote:
    sy1975 wrote:
    sherer wrote:
    sy1975 wrote:
    must admit cycled across (from Sevenoaks , Toys Hill area) to Box Hill this past Sunday for the first time ever.

Can't really see what the attraction is - apart from the fantastic road surface. Its a very average hill packed to the rafters. The hills around the Sevenoaks / weald area offer a bigger challenge and in my opinion more breathtaking views - please don't tell anyone :) as still relatively quiet most sat and sunday mornings

did that last year, went all along the A25 which is such a horrible surface by the time I got there I was worn out. Didn't help that when I got to Box Hill there is no actual sign saying where it is so missed the turning !!

I prefer the Toys Hill area but to be honest that's more because it's where I live. It's like anywhere round here people may bang on about Toys, Yorks and Ide Hill but there are plenty of others with less riders on that could be better

We took in a route out via lingfield via country lanes and only took in about 5 miles on A25, so it was not too bad.

Agreed you are always going to be sweet on your own area. we have a wealth of great climbs and routes in our part of the world - i mentioned toys and ide hill as examples - but not the best :wink:

Think we need to start a Kent Hills thread one day. There's quite a few round the area I've either never riden, not heard of, or just plain can't actually find where they are

Some great examples - baileys hill (sevenoaks), whiteleaf (oxted), any of the climbs north of pilgrims way between oxted and sevenoaks, Rowdow leading to Frackenden Lane (otford), Exedown (west kingsdown), any route south of sevenoaks towards T wells and Penshurst you will encounter some great lanes and hills.
    Sunny Days - De Rosa - King RS Action Azzurro lumina
    Rain - Winter - Wilier - xp izoard "petacchi"
    Classic - 1999 De Rosa - Planet - Aluminio