Bleeding Reverb

BloggingFit
BloggingFit Posts: 919
edited July 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Experiencing some excessive drop when sitting on my stealth of around 10mm so decided to do a bleed last night to resolve. Did a full system bleed followed by a remote bleed but the problem remains.

Post returns up with good speed so I don't think it's directly a pressure issue plus the plunger is a touch slow on the return which to me fits in more with a hydraulic issue.

I have seen different methods of bleeding and I did remove the post end syringe first followed by the remote while it seems removing remote end first may be the better way followed by a secondary feed using the syringe in the post and the remote plunger.

Anyone have any input on the above?

Other than trying this I think this may be a warranty return.
Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL

Comments

• milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    It may very well be a warranty return but have you checked the pressure? It needs to be pretty much dead on 250psi in the extended position, in my experience.
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    If it compresses without you pressing the remote, its a warranty issue.

Mine went back and got replaced very quickly.

Quite a common problem apparently. I decided to sell my warranty replacement.
  • Xommul
    Xommul Posts: 251
    I had this issue, mine was well within warrant period so its off for a repair.
    MTB Trek 4300 Disc 1999
    Road Rose Carbon Pro RS Custom
    Canyon Spectral AL 7.9 29er
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Overall they sound a bit sh1t.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    Another bleed and no different so warranty job it shall be. If I get to keep it then I'll run on the hardtail, buy a service pack and look to repair.

They perform well enough, just the drop is a touch annoying on a ride.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL