Bloody hypocrite

e999sam
e999sam Posts: 426
edited July 2014 in The cake stop
Don't think this has already been posted.

http://road.cc/content/news/125268-anti ... nk-driving

Comments

• pipipi
    pipipi Posts: 332
    I bet you know it's been posted before, you bloody hypocrite
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,547
    It somehow makes it even worse that he was only driving out to fill up with fuel ready for the next day's meeting. The journey was completely unnecessary.
  • e999sam
    e999sam Posts: 426
    pipipi wrote:
    I bet you know it's been posted before, you bloody hypocrite

No just means I didn't look very hard!!!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Fucking tories.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Not just them lot there's a lot of Councillors of the old school who could have been caught out like this. Then there are a lot of older people who have a very relaxed view on alcohol and driving, indeed on cyclists too. I remember seeing a well known football club owner (and small town God) who used to always get worse the wear on match days then drive off in his Bentley to a country pub to have some more. A steeley gentleman who bought the div 1 title just before the premiership started! i digress.

This guy is a prize idiot I'll grant you but that is nothing to do with his political allegiances. He's a T*sser before and after being a Tory. He';s not alone. What about the Labour MP who gets drunk and fights with other MPs or visitors? What about the lib dem who had to apologise for his treatment of women. I go on and on. Politics does not make someone have an old fashioned/out of step with modern times approach to cyclists and alcohol when driving.

Having said that. ******* tory councillors! ******* labour councillors! And above all ******* Green Party councillors. What a waste of greenwash those last shower are. Their sole purpose is to waste local representative's time and indeed the executives. They don't have any redeeming features IMHO. Lancaster Council is sometimes held to ransom a bit by them and it shows over the hideous city centre traffic we have had to put up with. An i mean us cyclists too. Sometimes the best choice is to go round the city centre roundabout/one way nightmare on a bike. Even the cycle lanes (red markings so far over into the main traffic lanes no blood car can get along in that lane without riding in the red so they all ignore them) are a waste of time. Greenwash indeed. It makes the Greens think they have done something getting them put in but it is just the other shower appeasing them. they just stick their head in the sands and think that is helping!!

Sorry rant over!!
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    an arrogant guy.... he even stopped at the scene of an accident he had nothing to do with, and must have surely known he d had a few too many.
    so, he can spend the next 18months admiring the "im an stupid idiot" trophy as well.

But then councillors do seem to be a sandwich short or is it us, who vote the morons in? (or don't even vote)
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    If politics is supposedly "showbiz for ugly people", lord knows what that says about the clowns who operate at the 3rd or 4th level of our political system. Parliament is full of the sort of people who ran rag week at university, local government seems to be the arena for useless, self-important busybodies. No doubt this idiot will be appealing against his sentance on the grounds that not being able to drive prevents him from carrying out his "public duties".
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,099
    Anyone who drinks and drives and gets caught gets what they deserve.

As I understand it, the good people of Plod take a dim view of such behaviour. As do insurance companies - his premium when his license is returned will be grim.

The fact that he's a cycling-hating Tory is irrelevant. He's a tool, he got caught. In his defence, he did stop at the accident (why?) but fair play to PC Copper for nicking him.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,099
    ...thinking about it, if he can't drive, maybe now's the chance to take up cycling :lol:

It's just a hill. Get over it.