How to get back home (pre-joining question)?

abdul12
abdul12 Posts: 16
This is very stupid question but I just can't find the answer in the events listed by audux. I want to join audux but the problem is say if I go 100 km then how will I be making those 100 km back to my home: will it be via train, car or bike? I would rather prefer to do 50 km on go and 50 km back to home to complete full 100km for the event (similarly 100 km on go and 100 km back to complete full 200 km for full event). I just don't like the hassle for calling for a cab, car, train etc.

So how does it work out?

Comments

• Ankles50
    Ankles50 Posts: 53
    Majority of Audaxes/Sportives are routes circular

Those that are not will have either
    a) coach transfer options
    b) few pointers on public transport options (trains usually)
    to get you back to the start
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Yep - as above. The vast majority of rides (and I do mean the vast majority, like 99%+) start and finish in the same place, be it a village hall or whatever. So you rock up in the morning, collect your brevet card, have a cup of tea and off you go, returning to the start anywhere between 4 hours and 5 days later depending on the length of the event.

There are very few regular events that are not circular or out and return - a few special things like darts and arrows are one-way only, but don't worry about those just yet.