My new-ish SL4

Iamnot Wiggins
Iamnot Wiggins Posts: 685
edited August 2014 in Your road bikes
After my old black & red S-Works SL4 was written off by a car a month after picking it up, I decided to spend the insurance payout on another one. As you do.

It's full Campag Chorus 11 with the exception of the chainset which is Rotor 3D+ with Praxis Works rings. Campag Bora 35 wheels with Veloflex Arenberg 25mm tubs. I think it comes in at around 7kg but don't quote me on that - I could do with lightening the load a bit and have a few upgrades in mind.

Rides lovely, a real comfortable all day bike, despite it being designed for racing etc.

The background isn't my garden before you start commenting! :D

image_zpscc9e315e.jpeg

photo2_zps9fbd3450.jpg

photo1_zps18a919ad.jpg

Comments

• Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    That Garmin will have to go, ruins the stealthyness*.

*Assuming stealthyness is a real word.
  • I am looking at one of the higher models with mapping as it happens!
  • Devastazione
    Devastazione Posts: 280
    Love it,just ordered mine,can't wait to see what the fuss is all about regarding the Tarmac. I'm coming from a Roubaix.
    Specialized Tarmac Sworks
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    top job..
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    So nice :D
    tick - tick - tick
  • Well, thank you all for your kind words :D

I think the 3T stem will soon be replaced with an ENVE one to try & lighten the load a bit.

Whilst at 90kg, I'm no weight weenie myself, I do like a light but resilient bike and this ticks those boxes!
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Very nice. An SL4 is up there on my wishlist, but in the tarty orange and black, because I'm, er, a tart!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Lovely build, colour scheme is really up my street
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • neil.s
    neil.s Posts: 123
    That's really nice, lovely build.
    But those bolts in your stem face plate are really letting it down. Loss one for point.

:wink:
  • Neil.S wrote:
    That's really nice, lovely build.
    But those bolts in your stem face plate are really letting it down. Loss one for point.

:wink:

Totally agree! Some Ti ones are winging their way to me as we speak! I honestly thought they were alu until they started turning orange a few weeks ago :roll:
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    This looks fantastic, I'm not normally a fan but this looks superb. Be sure to keep posting the upgrades.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,268
    Black holes are less black than your bike... :mrgreen:
    left the forum March 2023
  • Black holes are less black than your bike... :mrgreen:

Racist :wink:
  • snakedoc
    snakedoc Posts: 200
    Loving the stealthy look of the bike!
  • bobbydazzla
    bobbydazzla Posts: 289
    Very nice indeed.

What size frame is it ?
  • Very nice indeed.

What size frame is it ?

It's a 56cm, fits just right without looking unsightly like the larger Specialized frames do.
  • bobbydazzla
    bobbydazzla Posts: 289
    Very nice indeed.

What size frame is it ?

It's a 56cm, fits just right without looking unsightly like the larger Specialized frames do.

Yep, it looks great. I'm a 58 but should also be OK on a 56, have been looking at S Works Tarmac's but was conscious that the bigger sizes often look ugly.
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Looks very nice indeed, like the tubs!

Have you looked at the Zipp Service SL Course stems? I have a couple, very nice; not the lightest, but good quality and stiff.
  • Looks very nice indeed, like the tubs!

Have you looked at the Zipp Service SL Course stems? I have a couple, very nice; not the lightest, but good quality and stiff.

I did buy one of the beyond black versions off here but it didn't suit my eye when fitted so it went straight back into the classifieds! May have been too black, maybe the white graphics would suit it better.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,268
    May have been too black, maybe the white graphics would suit it better.

What? Is there anything more black than this?
    left the forum March 2023
  • May have been too black, maybe the white graphics would suit it better.

What? Is there anything more black than this?

My soul.