2013 Orange Five AM

russyh
russyh Posts: 1,375
edited July 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Well... i have stopped myself posting this on here, but CitezenLee has called me out so i better post it.

Now, it started out life as a standard vanilla 2013 Five AM. With all the usual crappy standard parts like Fox's fantastic Evo series forks and shock :oops:

Since then it now runs with X fusion slants which have been custom valved by J tech (Pikes should be here tomorrow though), CCDB, reverb etc. etc. full spec below. I also have had some custom decals made by Indiprint (page on facebook) completely bespoke. I get the piss taken out of me by the boys because its 16" and covered in baby blue that its a Five Diva... Anyway, i am going to swap the frame out for a slightly larger size soon as im just too cramped on the 16". Next upgrade is a ti Spring and some new wheels (319 rims just don't seem to be dying but are too light weight)

Spec:
2013 Five AM 16"
X-Fusion Slants 160mm Custom valved and tuned
CCDB
Renthal Carbon Fatbars
Hope M4 Tech2 brakes
Hope retainer ring
Hope Trex
RS Reverb
Pro2 Evo Hubs with Mavic rims
Spesh Purgatoy and Butcher tyres
XT Shaddow+ medium cage mech with Hope jockey wheels
Hope headset
Hope BB
ODI Grips.

Pics
p4pb11176105.jpg
p4pb11176113.jpg
p4pb11176094.jpg
p4pb11176110.jpg
p4pb11176096.jpg

Comments

• CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Haha, good on you bud! :)

Now you know I'm not the biggest Orange fan but this is actually one of the nicest Fives I've seen... I like it a lot! Looks like a very well considered build and that no doubt that shows in the ride. Get ride of those nasty Hope stickers though... it's not 1998 any more :D

Out of interest, what watch / computer is that on your bars?
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • russyh
    Thanks pal, Forks are changing soon so hope stickers are going. Was just trying to break the white up a little. Not that there is anything wrong with the forks, I just need to scratch this bloody Pike itch! and wanted to try the bike with a little less travel. Although will probably hold off fitting until i get a bigger frame. Next Five project will be something special i hope.

Mount is for a Garmin 800
  • CitizenLee
    Are Slants not lowerable by internal spacers? Don't suppose it matters now Pikes are on their way though! What colour did you go for?

Shame it's a touch too small for you, but an excuse to start a new build is always a good thing!

The custom decals are a very nice touch and work really well with the shape of the frame.

Thanks for Garmin info ;)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • russyh
    Slants can be dropped by a rack and pin type system i believe. But the offer looked so strong on the pikes. i couldn't resist.

Not bought a frame yet, i want a 26" again so cant buy new. Keeping an eye out, not too worried about colour.
  • CitizenLee
    Sorry, I meant what colour Pikes?

No love for 27.5"? Think of how much faster you'd be with those extra 1.5 inches! :roll: :lol:
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
  • russyh
    Black pikes, white forks look strange on a white frame.

I would buy a 27.5, but I am not fussed either way. I don't race so having bigger wheels means nothing to me. Its easier for me to stick with 26" given i have just ordered forks in that size! I dont know if a frame came up priced right in 27.5 then I would buy it. Cant afford new at the moment as my wife is in the process of getting kitchen quotes so i have a feeling i am going to be skint for a while.
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    I have to agree with Lee

I'm not fan of how the Five looks but yours does looks good, also agree with the forks.. Pikes would be awesome on that
  • russyh
    Thanks guys, I love how its looks. Took me ages to set upon a scheme and then what parts i wanted. its still not quite there. Gutted that I have to finally admit my stupid shaped body is too big fot it. But excited about another project. Just cant find a frame at the moment so may have to buy a complete bike and split!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    That looks tiny! Need too loose all the Hope stickers!
  • russyh
    It is a 16"! Hence after a bigger frame!
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    That's very nice :)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5