Danny Pate - Team SKYVE - Most anonymous Rider

2»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,160
    Demare was disappointing for sure but he did get a top 3 on at least one stage, stood out in his French champions jersey and got more exposure climbing into a motorhome on the Lautaret than Pate got in the whole tour so there have to be more anonymous riders than him.
    But Pate is supposed to be anonymous
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RichN95 wrote:
    Can any one remember seeing Andriy Hryvko and Dimitri Gruzdev do anything?

Didn't they win something in the boxing?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • above_the_cows
    adr82 wrote:
    I want to know what happened to the following:

Simon Gerrans, Michael Albasini (racially abusing Kevin Reza aside), Simon Clarke, Luke Durbirdge, Mathew Hayman, Jens Keukeleire (aside from being part of the incident that brought down Froome on stage 4), Christian Meier, Svein Tuft?
    Well Durbridge had that little fracas with a Movistar soigneur on one of the latter stages... other than that, not much for any of them except sometimes being in breakaways and trying to contest the odd sprint. Gerrans was carrying injuries from Stage 1 and eventually withdrew, he would obviously have been plan A for stage wins. From watching their videos, they also seemed to be hoping that Durbridge and/or Tuft would do well in the TT, but that didn't happen either.

Just because Gerrans had an injury that's no excuse for being anonymous he should have been up the front all the time, fighting or stage wins. He should HTFU. :wink:
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,746
    I want to know what happened to the following:

Simon Gerrans, Michael Albasini (racially abusing Kevin Reza aside), Simon Clarke, Luke Durbirdge, Mathew Hayman, Jens Keukeleire (aside from being part of the incident that brought down Froome on stage 4), Christian Meier, Svein Tuft?

Clarke got a most aggressive award into St Etienne and Albasini was in at least one break of the day when he supposedly abused Reza, his name seemed to crop up a bit in the commentary but I couldn't tell you if he was in many other breaks. The others I can't remember featuring much (though they may have) though apparently Gerrans was suffering after his stage 1 crash.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • above_the_cows
    Also it is not possible for all the riders to be at the front so you can see them all the time. The road isn't wide enough. I know it's obvious when you think about it but I feel it needs to be pointed out.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,746
    RichN95 wrote:
    Demare was disappointing for sure but he did get a top 3 on at least one stage, stood out in his French champions jersey and got more exposure climbing into a motorhome on the Lautaret than Pate got in the whole tour so there have to be more anonymous riders than him.
    But Pate is supposed to be anonymous

Pate was anonymous Demare less so, see above.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • above_the_cows
    What does anonymous actually mean in the context of the Tour de France?

1. Didn't take part?
    2. Didn't get on telly?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,160
    RichN95 wrote:
    No. But they did do the job for Nibali that Pate was due to do for Froome, and I bet nobody recognised their names (I didn't)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I can't wait until we get to see backstage footage of a rider briefing where the DS tells a rider it's his turn to go for a conspicuous poo in a campervan to get the sponsor logos on TV!
  • above_the_cows
    RichN95 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    No. But they did do the job for Nibali that Pate was due to do for Froome, and I bet nobody recognised their names (I didn't)

I figured they were Astana (or at a push I was also going to say Katuhsa). I was being flippant with the boxing remark. This whole thread is silly.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,688
    Missed the Demare motorhome thing. Presumably if he hadn't been French there would have been all sorts of rumours about it being a mobile clinic or similar?
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,655
    Gruzdev did win the most pointless KOM, on the outskirts of Paris.

Saying all this, who wouldn't want to ride for Team Skyve? You'd get to turn up to the stages late, do a half arsed job and get paid handsomely to do so.

DS would definately be Jim Royle.
  • above_the_cows
    Pross wrote:
    Missed the Demare motorhome thing. Presumably if he hadn't been French there would have been all sorts of rumours about it being a mobile clinic or similar?

No idea, it was a small recompense for the lack of a Boar Man this year though.