New Bottle Cage

peter413
peter413 Posts: 5,120
edited July 2014 in MTB buying advice
I know some of you aren't a fan of bottle cages but I am so I'm not after a debate about wether I should be using them or not. Looking for some suggestions for a cage that will hold a bottle securely. My current Elite Custom Race is useless and keeps letting go of bottles when the going gets rough. Tried the Elite Corsa, Supercorsa, and the 500ml and 750ml High 5 bottles and none of them work. Weirdly the Elite bottles are worse than the High 5's.

I don't want to use metal cages again, prefer the plastic ones. Current thought is a Specialized Rib Cage. Don't want to be spending more than £15 and I prefer normal loading cages, not side loading.

Comments

• WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    Best bottle cage I have is a Zefal Spring bottle cage, never lost a bottle out of it yet, I use SIS bottles.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I use two specialized rib cages on my Hardtail in the hot weather at the moment. I just use a couple of specialized bottles and they don't come lose at all, even over the rougher stuff. Not cheap though but they work well for me.
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    I find metal ones are better as you can just bend them a bit to make them hold the bottle tighter.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    All the plastic ones I've ever used have snapped in crashes. I would look at the vincero designs one. It's crazy expensive but unusual and looks awesome.
  • I find metal ones are better as you can just bend them a bit to make them hold the bottle tighter.pdiR8r