Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • Are most pro cyclists midgets?!
  • Are most pro cyclists midgets?!

No, normal height. Although there are some long legged freaks. :wink:
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Many of the climbers are small but even those of more average height typically want a low front end so they use small frames and perhaps a long stem.

having said that some of the Katusha riders have used M, L and XL frames. Maxim Belkov's bikes are XL, Marco Haller's are M and there are others
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    hopefully not their training bikes!

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2013/02/let-the-season-begin/

"I shouldn’t be saying this, but there’s one rule about training bikes – never buy a used training bike from a Pro. They never get serviced or looked after. As I write this I’m looking at mine right now and it looks beautiful, but give it a few months and she’ll be pretty battered. We ride to a gas station where I’ll just give it a spray every few weeks with a pressure washer, not a proper clean with degreaser and bucket with soap & water."
  • Cayorob
    Cayorob Posts: 6
    They've nearly all got those lovely 73 degree stems i can't get hold off too!
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    There are some mediums but they all have the fork steerers cut too short to accommodate any spacers. Apart from being tiny, lots of pros ride bikes that are too small for them. Nibali is one that doesn't
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    There are some mediums but they all have the fork steerers cut too short to accommodate any spacers. Apart from being tiny, lots of pros ride bikes that are too small for them. Nibali is one that doesn't

How on earth do they stay comfortable over such long stages, is it just body conditioning?
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Miles253 wrote:
    No good for us big boys! They look nice though

They look battered :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • birdie23
    birdie23 Posts: 457
    arran77 wrote:
    Miles253 wrote:

I was thinking this. They have some serious marking on them. Makes me laugh about some of the chips on my steed I've worried about!
    2012 Cube Agree GTC
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    birdie23 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Miles253 wrote:

I was thinking this. They have some serious marking on them. Makes me laugh about some of the chips on my steed I've worried about!

I suppose if you don't pay for your own bikes and you get new ones as often as the pros do you maybe wouldn't care as much about them :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn