Calibre

bikes`n`guns
bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
edited July 2014 in MTB buying advice
Anyone riding one ??

Specifically the point 50

Opinions, as tbh, they look bloody good for the money,, specially the kit fitted
Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Award winning bikes - many riders on these forums. Hard to get hold of it seems though.
  • bikes`n`guns
    Might take a punt one.

As a bike to keep my road bikes clean and for messing about with the grandkids, you probably can`t go far wrong.

Although saying that,, once I have it , it`ll get a hard time offroad knowing me !
  • bikes`n`guns
    Hmmm have also spotted the Rockrider 8.1 thingy for the same money

Differences are Recon instead of XC32
    Sram X7 instead of X5
    Deore triple chainset instead of FSA double
    tektro instead of avid brakes

What to do,, ?? the decathlon bike looks braw as well

What do you mountain bike types think is the best spec ?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    If the first items are on the Rockrider, that.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Braythor
    Braythor Posts: 13
    I've got a .50. As a newbie to mountain biking (but getting there fast) I can say it is capable of considerably more than I am. It is an absolute joy to ride, every time I improve an aspect of my riding it's always one step ahead. I can throw it around trails (as much as I can at my level) and it soaks up everything. I really have no complaints at all, and am very glad I chose it over the two-two.

Having said that, the Rockrider does look VERY impressive. Personally I prefer a double chainset over a triple, but the fork on the Rockrider looks a bit better, and the X7s are likely a tad better than the X5. Whether you'll tell the difference depends on how good you are - I don't think I would be able to notice.