Independent Fabrication Ti Crown Jewel

Rudd
Rudd Posts: 264
edited July 2014 in Your road bikes
DSC02687_zpsc3ab24a1.jpg

This is my Independent Fabrication Ti Crown Jewel. About a year in the planning and building! Custom fit and first impressions are extremely comfortable and forgiving and whilst not that stiff does exactly what i wanted. Lighter than i thought and a whilst a little less direct when going down that i had hoped it makes up for it by smoothing out bad road surface.

Maybe not everyones taste painting the ti but i love it......and yes i do need to find a saddle that matches the bar tape!

Thanks to all on BR who were so helpful with my questions in particular to EPS on not EPS. Got mechanical and no regrets.

Comments

• Rudd
    DSC02689_zpsae9963cc.jpg

This might show the paint a bit better
  • Rudd
    and this:

DSC02688_zpsccccb7a2.jpg
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    That...is...gorgeous 8) You lucky, lucky man! Very nice indeed. Pleasant change to the normal "naked" Ti IMHO
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • mattythemod
    mattythemod Posts: 289
    Wow speechless
  • Ah man...you may have just tipped me over the edge!

I have been toying with getting my 'naked' Ti done and that stunner has just convinced me. Now what colour...
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Love seeing IF bikes. k
    Keep meaning to arrange to visit them when I am in Boston, must get round to it. They certainly make lovely bikes.
  • xcMuttley
    xcMuttley Posts: 434
    That is a beauty!
    Check out my blog for my views and reviews: http://memylifeandmybike.blogspot.co.uk/
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    My oh me that's stunning.
    tick - tick - tick
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    That is a beautiful paint job. I would go Ti over carbon any day!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Rudd
    Thanks for all the kind comments, painting was a big call, it's actually quite stressful ensuring you get something that looks good as art was never my strong point!