1st Roadie

JBizz
JBizz Posts: 8
edited July 2014 in Your road bikes
Going on my first group ride Sunday, any advice?
This is my first road bike and I'm excited. Still gotta get used to clipping in/out though, lol.

Comments

• Did you consider buying a blue frame?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    I like it, stealthy yet colourful, might have gone with plain black tyres though, hope you enjoy it.
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • supertwisted
    supertwisted Posts: 565
    Wow - TCR Comp and H Plus Son rims for your first road bike, good for you. Very nice, though agree with other posts I'd minimise the blue were it mine.

Fit is personal, but I'll say it now before someone on your group ride does... Try flipping your stem; raised stem on an aggressive race bike just looks wrong.
    Less internal organs, same supertwisted great taste.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Jeez, give the guy a break. First road bike and all! I think it's lovely pal. Personally I would have either blue tyres or blue bar tape not both! but as long as you are happy who cares!

With regards to the stem, once you get 'bedded' in the you may want to flip it and lose a space or two.

Otherwise. Very, very nice!mgood luck on the group ride!
  • supertwisted
    supertwisted Posts: 565
    Russyh wrote:
    Jeez, give the guy a break. First road bike and all! I think it's lovely pal. Personally I would have either blue tyres or blue bar tape not both! but as long as you are happy who cares!

With regards to the stem, once you get 'bedded' in the you may want to flip it and lose a space or two.

Otherwise. Very, very nice!mgood luck on the group ride!

Yes you're right, didn't mean my post to sound quite so condescending. Either way its a nice bike.
    Less internal organs, same supertwisted great taste.
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    "Try flipping your stem; raised stem on an aggressive race bike just looks wrong."

And what do looks count compared with comfort and feeling more in control? About nil. Easily changed if/when it feels right.

Enjoy (should do on such a class bike!).
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • johnnymcg259
    johnnymcg259 Posts: 569
    That's a bloody nice 'first road bike' that's for sure.
    Enjoy the ride, concentrate though on what other wheels are around you in the group ride but try to relax and just enjoy.
    Welcome to the road!
  • JBizz
    Thanks for the compliments and critiques guys. I don't get butthurt over opinions, lol.
    And no, I never considered buying a blue frame, lol. I love the black matte carbon look w/a splash of color.
    But I do agree with the blue tires (I struggled with that for a few days); a bit much so I put my Conti's back on. As far as the stem goes though, that's where I felt the most comfortable during my bike fit. It was suggested to me to flip the stem once I got used to the bike and wanted more of an aggressive stance. I agreed, and that's how I'm rolling for now.
    My only gripe is that the Garmin Edge 510 is impossible to see in the sun. I wonder if I can trim some anti-glare film to help this?
    The CK R45's sound pretty cool coasting...like bees chasing ya, lol. The KMC chain is a nice touch as well. I wish there was black anodized cassettes though. Can't wait till next week, I get my 2nd wheelset ... Reynolds Assault SLG's.
    I haven't even begun to stretch my legs out on this thing but it fits me like a glove. I love it so far.
  • bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718
    Looks much better with the black tyres. Enjoy the first group ride!
  • vespario
    vespario Posts: 228
    Eat well before, take 2 bottles, take spare tube and tyre leavers. Pace yourself and carry some good or gels depending on mileage!

You will need another bottle cage!

Aero wheels will look great but as stem is high any aero benefits may be wasted? Your money though. Spend it how you like and if the stem is comfy then no arguments!
  • JBizz
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Vespario! Took care of all that today! Tube, bottles/cage, levers, shotbloks.
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    That looks really good .... Congratulations on the bike, wheels and colour scheme.

Personally I prefer the black tires. I've never been a fan of blue on bikes .. But .. It works well with the matt black :)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!