GT GTR

supertwisted
supertwisted Posts: 565
edited July 2014 in Your road bikes
Bought on a whim at a nice saving as an ex-demonstrator. Took a much bigger liking to it than I expected, so elevated it's status to 'best' bike and blew any savings on the purchase price on a set of Zonda's to replace the stock rims.
Need to replace eyesore FSA crank with something glossy and black, optional claim of improving performance or weight.

tl;dr - man spends money decorating cheap bike and is happy.

Pic.

K6iuBGw.jpg

Spec:
51cm GT GTR Series 2 2014
Tiagra 10sp
FSA Vero cranks
Campagnolo Zonda clinchers
Michelin Lithion 2 25c
Crank Bros Candys
Less internal organs, same supertwisted great taste.

Comments

• bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718
    How are the Zondas?
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Lovely looking bike. I have heard from pretty good reviews of the frame, how are you finding it?
  • supertwisted
    The Zondas are great, the OEM wheelset weighed a ton so these (unlike most bike purchases I make) really did transform the ride. Much easier to maintain momentum on hills, driving out of corners etc. Light and stiff (maybe a little too stiff for those looking for a more comfortable wheel), hubs silky smooth and nice features like machined inner track so no rim tape required.

As for the frame, I don't have a lot to compare it to other than my old Giant SCR and a few spins on mates bikes. Compared to the SCR it's like a superbike, much more responsive and engaging to ride. Thought it might be a bit hard going with racey geometry and thick tubes with a 31.6 seatpost, but in practice its turned out to be the comfiest bike I've got, even after long stints in the saddle. Finish is good with smoothed welds and matt paintjob is very much to my taste.

How it would compare to something like a CAAD or TCR I don't know (geometry is similar), the massive tube profiling makes me think it would be heavier, but it fits me so well I'd be hard pushed to swap it now.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I can do you a deal on some brand new never used FSA gossamers in gloss black if you want ........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • supertwisted
    I can do you a deal on some brand new never used FSA gossamers in gloss black if you want ........

Possibly. Assume they are the MegaExo version as BB30 won't fit my frame. Crank length and ring size?