Commuting from SW17 to Canary Wharf - advice reqd

mr.b-campag
mr.b-campag Posts: 387
edited August 2014 in Commuting general
Moving office next week to Canary Wharf. Anyone any thoughts on the best route from Tooting plus places to avoid? I'm thinking of riding to Greenwich and then using the foot tunnel (I understand you have to walk through it?). Anyone any experiences with said tunnel? Sounds like the A2 (which is what various sites on the net suggest) is best avoided?

Cheers

B

Comments

• never tried the tunnel because I come in from South West. Can tell you that the CS3 from Tower Hill to the Wharf (it is compulsory for us residents to call it that) is full of lunatic cyclists so do avoid if possible
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Used to do Balham ton the Wharf. Easiest route was CS7 to Elephant (can avoid the roundabout by going round Hampton St/Heygate St), Bricklayers, Tower Bridge, CS3 or Highway if you're brave, Wharf.

If you go via the Greenwich foot tunnel you're meant to walk, but usually there are more cyclists than pedestrians and unless there are groups or kids/prams imho you can wheel through slowly giving way to pedestrians without too much chance of issues. There's always the odd idiot who decides to do 20mph+ and expects everyone to get out of their way.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"