That Friday Feeling

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited July 2014 in The bottom bracket
Morning :D

May I apologise first of all for my childish, antisocial, rude and disruptive behaviour yesterday, it was most like me :lol: seriously I know some of you probably got a bit pissed off :oops:

Anyway enough of that ghey shite we've reached the end of the week again :D

Busy old day for me although I'm not in work.

Need to go and do a few bits of DIY for my mum first thing and then go shopping withy the littlies, biggest littlie wants to get some more loom bands with her pocket money and then we need to do the weekly Waitrose shop so free coffee for me 8)

This afternoon will then be taking Mrs 77 for her last chemo :D

By tonight I shall be be ready to chill out with a pizza 8)
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Cant say I had noticed Arran, make of that what you will.

My morning is going to be spent talking to people that operate underwater robots in Norway. May get the urge for curry goat around 11.30 which will require a trip to the local Caribbean takeaway. This afternoon will be taken up talking to yanks and then this evening if the weather remains good i will do a shortish ride followed by BBQ me thinks.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    No need for apologies Arran, it's quite an achievement, take the rest of the week off :D

Wait for postman (art materials not bike stuff) then out for an hour on the bike, or if it's too hot I may go in the isetta, as sitting in a glass bubble with a petrol engine behind the seat is way, way cooler :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    What happened yesterday?

Off to get the steerer cut, then I'll post a my bike thread with loving pictures, more to rival 47b than anything else. Walking the dogs will have to wait given that it is so warm already.

A bbq tonight is a good idea btw!
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    Picture of Lbs, steerer uncut, steerer marked, steerer cut, journey home, cafe, dog portraits...at least :roll:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning all,
    Quite busy at work today but got to leave early to take the cat to the vet. Hopefully for the last time. I'm going along to support the EPO who is quite upset about it, as are the kids. I have to be sympathetic and try not to look pleased to have a cat free house.
    Glad it's Friday, been a busy week. I have lots of minor fettling to do, and some quite major work as well. I think minor fettling will win the day.
    Good luck to Mrs 77, hope all goes well and it has done the job.
  • Flâneur
    team47b wrote:
    Picture of Lbs, steerer uncut, steerer marked, steerer cut, journey home, cafe, dog portraits...at least :roll:

Uh I went for an iced coffee whilst they did the work. Can I just take pictures of my dogs?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    sa0u823e wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Uh I went for an iced coffee whilst they did the work. Can I just take pictures of my dogs?
    We prefer pictures of puppies, preferably not yours.
  • Flâneur
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Pfft like you lot are fussy.

On the good note, bought a torque wrench, set it to 4, snapped a bolt in the stem. rest of the stuff is fine haha. I blame the alloy bolt
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Marmite thought that was hilarious :D

marmite.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    arran77 wrote:
    May I apologise first of all for my childish, antisocial, rude and disruptive behaviour yesterday, it was most like me :lol: seriously I know some of you probably got a bit pissed off :oops:
    Afternoon P-Dubya. We'll let you off this time :wink: Put your energy into the Girls thread :)
    arran77 wrote:
    biggest littlie wants to get some more loom bands with her pocket money
    Mine has bought some contraption to make loom bands with and she's churning them out like they're going out of fashion. She even got invited round somewhere to show a group of midlle aged women how to make them!
    arran77 wrote:
    and then we need to do the weekly Waitrose shop so free coffee for me 8)
    Up for the Waitrose piccy challenge? :twisted:
    arran77 wrote:
    Best of luck to Mrs. 77.

Afternoon All,

First day back on the bike in a week after my back problems and boy was it needed. Even if my back hurts again now - but not enough to stop me pedalling home.

Have just booked all the car parking and checked in on our sleazyjet flights in 2 weeks time so starting to get into holiday mood. Thankfully I'm not going to Cyprus as I hear there's only water and Lemonade left to drink there :) Onwards to the weekend...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    We'll let you off this time :wink: Put you energy into the Girls thread :)

Will do although I'm a little cautious at the moment after getting a board warning for making a jokey reply to some spam kitchen advert post of all things :lol:
    arran77 wrote:
    biggest littlie wants to get some more loom bands with her pocket money
    Mine has bought some contraption to make loom bands with and she's churning them out like they're going out of fashion. She even got invited round somewhere to show a group of midlle aged women how to make them!

I might ask my daughter to knock up a bracelet that I can post to Piña Diva Metal Mickey :wink:
    arran77 wrote:
    and then we need to do the weekly Waitrose shop so free coffee for me 8)
    Up for the Waitrose piccy challenge? :twisted:

It would have been wrong to take such pictures with the littlies in tow :wink:
    arran77 wrote:
    Best of luck to Mrs. 77.

Thanks, surgeon is pleased :D

Afternoon All,

First day back on the bike in a week after my back problems and boy was it needed. Even if my back hurts again now - but not enough to stop me pedalling home.

Have just booked all the car parking and checked in on our sleazyjet flights in 2 weeks time so starting to get into holiday mood. Thankfully I'm not going to Cyprus as I hear there's only water and Lemonade left to drink there :) Onwards to the weekend...

First day back perving more like :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Quite busy at work today but got to leave early to take the cat to the vet. Hopefully for the last time. I'm going along to support the EPO who is quite upset about it, as are the kids. I have to be sympathetic and try not to look pleased to have a cat free house.

Hope that goes ok, we've had the same in our house when cats died, the rest of the family were more bothered than me, they got their way and we got more cats again :lol:

Veronese68 wrote:
    Good luck to Mrs 77, hope all goes well and it has done the job.

Thanks, seems to be going well, surgeon is pleased so far so I'm happy with that :D

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    We are NOT getting more cats. We will be getting a new kitchen door instead. The EPO has been on about getting a stable door for years. I refused to fork out for a new door then cut a hole in it for a cat flap. :-)
    Good news about Mrs77, I'm happy for you both.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Glad to hear the good news arran. Keep up the good work mrs 77
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Great news Arran re the Mrs

Nice and hot here in kyrenia - sat enjoying a beer :-)
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:

A beer??? :shock:
    Shouldn't that be "some beers"?
  • Flâneur
    only one left

And good news for Mrs 77, sooner she is back to full health the better, especially to keep Arran firmly in his place!

Really not a cat person but I hope it all works out
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

A beer??? :shock:
    Shouldn't that be "some beers"?

I was driving!
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    Glad to hear the good news arran. Keep up the good work mrs 77

Thanks Sean :)

seanoconn
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:

Thanks.

I assume you mean the first beer :wink:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    I was driving!
    Fool! Yes, I mean fool that wasn't a forum software correction.
    Our house is now catless. Both gone in about 6 months. They did well though both made it to over 18 so they could drink in pubs. Maybe the booze is what did for them. Wife and daughter are upset, me not so much.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    First of all good to hear the positive news for Mrs 77.

Spent my day as follows.
    Tesco first thing to get beers for weekend before the OAPs and holiday makers clear the shelves. Noted that as this is now the school summer holidays that the Shiites at Tesco have changed the real ales from 4 for £6 to 3 for £5. Bar Stewards.
    Jet washed the path down side of house.
    Picked out the dead 'Selfheal' weeds (worst stuff ever for bu66ering up a lawn) from the lawn that I had treated last week.
    Went to check on my mother as I have just heard 2nd hand that she has had xrays and needs a knee replacement and felt that she didn't need to let me know.
    In all another uneventful mundane day. Thankfully.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    Day ended rather well for me - thought I was going to get a right soaking on the way home and no wet weather gear, but the rain stopped 10 minutes before I got on the bike and I had a cracking ride back (even if it was only a communt). Bad back seems to have cured itself after getting back on the bike as well. Win 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pleased for the missus Arran. Hope it continues to go well.
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pleased for the missus Arran. Hope it continues to go well.

Thanks, fingers crossed.

seanoconn