Assos sizing

ashleydwsmith
ashleydwsmith Posts: 693
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
Evening, anyone have any real life advice on assos bib sizing. i am really struggling finding a pair of bib shorts that are comfortable on long rides and have seen some assos at a good price. however their size chart would put me in a medium, however my normal size is a xl due to my 38inch waist. any advise? apart from lose weight>

Comments

• rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    I was going to say go with their sizing based on height because it worked with me when I thought I'd be a different size.
    Meet in the middle with L?

Hopefully someone the same size will be along!
  • Dammit they don't have large at the place I was looking!
  • Starsboy
    Starsboy Posts: 66
    I am 5 10 and 32 waist max and just purchased the s7 bibs in large and they are a snug fit!
  • marshall_a
    marshall_a Posts: 90
    have both the S5 millie and Uno, I'm 178cm and did have a 38inch waist and L were comfortable but now I've lost a couple of inches they are too big and I never wear them anymore (haven't tried M as using Sportful bibs now). T.607's on the other hand are still a snug fit in the same size.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    I'm 5'11" with a 38" waist and I have a pair of F1 Uno S5 bibs in XL and find they are a good fit for my body shape. Not sure I would be comfortable going down to the L size.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    I'm 5'11" with a 38" waist and I have a pair of F1 Uno S5 bibs in XL and find they are a good fit for my body shape. Not sure I would be comfortable going down to the L size.
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    I'm 5'11 and 34 inch waist and my Assos shorts are size L
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    I would have thought it would be XL or TIR.

I'm 6' and 70kg with a 32" waist and am an Assos size L.
  • Just tried the new S7 size large.
    5'9", 37" waist.
    Really perfect fit, apart from leg circumference. My leg is just under 20" where the shorts come above the knee, but they are way too tight.
    Must be all the cycling I am doing. :(

Can't really see a solution. next size up will be too long in the leg and body.
    Shame really, as they were awesome.
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    Dippydog3 wrote:
    Just tried the new S7 size large.
    5'9", 37" waist.
    Really perfect fit, apart from leg circumference. My leg is just under 20" where the shorts come above the knee, but they are way too tight.
    Must be all the cycling I am doing. :(

Can't really see a solution. next size up will be too long in the leg and body.
    Shame really, as they were awesome.

Assos will do a custom made set for you, if you don't fit their standard sizes. It is +50% on the standard fit price.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro