Hoodoo or Vitus

Bandito365
Bandito365 Posts: 5
edited July 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys, I'm looking to buy my first mountain bike in this next few days.

I was originally going for the Voodoo Hoodoo for €500 from Halfords until I saw the Vitus Nucleus 275.
As I'm a complete and utter novice, I basically would like a few opinions on which is the better bike

Voodoo Hoodoo http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/voodoo-hoodoo-mountain-bike-2013-2014-20 €500

Vitus Nucleus 275 http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/vitus-bikes-nucleus-275-hardtail-bike-2014/rp-prod107043 €573

Which bike? :shock:

Thanks!

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The voodoo would be my choice. It has a better fork and doesn't loose out anywhere else.
  • Thanks Rockmonkey

Thats all I really needed to hear :mrgreen:
  • wmorgs
    wmorgs Posts: 113
    The Hoodoo Was Down In Halfords A Week Ago So Might Be Idea To Have Word With Staff.
    It Was Down To £399 thats without looking for the British Cycle Membership and other codes mate.
  • wmorgs wrote:
    The Hoodoo Was Down In Halfords A Week Ago So Might Be Idea To Have Word With Staff.
    It Was Down To £399 thats without looking for the British Cycle Membership and other codes mate.
    Its down to €500 still according to the website (Irish Halfords). They were meant to have it in for me today but the delivery wont be there now til Monday.

I was assured they would price match the online price at €500 and there's a distinct possibility I could be getting a further 10% off :mrgreen:
  • wmorgs
    wmorgs Posts: 113
    Halfords and their dodgy sales, it's always been £499. Except last week it was £399.

At either of those prices still best buy at that price point mate.
    But I think you get 10% if you book online that's £50 off and others available if google mate :)
  • Definitely. The price has now gone back to the €600 previously listed. I ordered it Wednesday and it was meant to be built and ready to go on Friday so I am no no way giving them €600 for the bike now on Monday. Best bike at that price range or not.

Sadly Irish Halfords has hardly any discounts around. The UK voucher codes don't work on the Irish site and they only give a discount for AXA insurance customers