• herb71
    herb71 Posts: 253
    Briggo wrote:
    Like what?

Like, you know, whatever.....
  • Antlers
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yeah those bar ends look just like those bar ends, exactly the same.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Might be better asking in the Commuter threads. Mate used to use them on his commuter bike - had pain in his hands - the idea being it puts less pressure on the nerves in your hands and gives you another position to put your hands in.

I wouldn't bother if i was riding trails etc - those do put a limit on where you can put your hands. I'm always adjusting my arm/hand position. The ends would also act like a hook, catching every bush and branch.
    I would take a at your current riding setup. Are the current grips too hard? Are you gripping too hard? Is your weight too far forward (seat to high/bars too low), putting undue pressure on your hands.
    I would have a play with the setup and see if that makes any difference before spending any money.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • timboellis
    timboellis Posts: 223
    What i was asking are they up to much , are the comfortable?

Just for use on road riding as find the straight bars are quite comfy but thought these may be better?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Try the commuter forum. No one has used bar ends off road since the mid 90's.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Bar ends are great for climbing or for long distance on relatively tame tracks. These ones are smaller and more discreet than some and also because they curve in not really likely to catch on things. I have the magnesium version with the same shape and rate them - but then I am not really an epic AM rider.
  • batmo
    batmo Posts: 277
    There was a Bar Ends thread in June, and one about Ergon Grips back in March.
    Viscount Grand Touring - in bits
    Trek ZX6500 - semi-retired
    HP Velotechnik Spirit
    Brompton M6
    Specialized Camber Comp