New to Bristol - Need help with training routes!!

Aggerdoo
Aggerdoo Posts: 94
edited July 2014 in Tour & expedition
Hey

I have only just moved to Bristol from Cambridge and I don't know any routes for road biking. I'm doing the RideLondon 100 in a few weeks :? so need to do at least 50 miles (I know it's not even close to 100 but think I'll be pretty slow as I'm not used to hills around here).
If anyone can recommend any good routes/areas to head to, I don't mind just riding and getting lost but would prefer to head to a nice area.

Thanks in advance for your help
:)
Chris

Comments

• Head to Dundry, Chew Valley, Cheddar then home.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Aggerdoo wrote:
    Hey

I have only just moved to Bristol from Cambridge and I don't know any routes for road biking. I'm doing the RideLondon 100 in a few weeks :? so need to do at least 50 miles (I know it's not even close to 100 but think I'll be pretty slow as I'm not used to hills around here).
    If anyone can recommend any good routes/areas to head to, I don't mind just riding and getting lost but would prefer to head to a nice area.

Thanks in advance for your help
    :)
    Chris
    What part of Bristol are you from?we are heading to abergavenny sat 95 miles from portishead if you want to join in.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • Aggerdoo
    I'm just off of Hotwells road. Thanks very much for the offer but I' think I'd slow you down, I know I'll be able to do the 100 miles in a few weeks ....but I know I won't be quick lol
  • Aggerdoo
    I really appreciate the offer though, thank you very much :)