Whyte t-120 front mech size

carlgulliver
carlgulliver Posts: 24
edited July 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hey guys new guy here. Always wanted a full suspension bike and managed to get a good deal on a Whyte T-120. Got a quick question, what size front mech do i need to fit the downtube is it a 34.9? I would measure it but I am on my jollys and wanted to order a new one so it will be there when i arrive, if anybody knows the answer that would be great. Cheers guys

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Most come with size reducers these days to fit a range. But if it's brand new - why?
  • Hey, i was looking at getting one off ebay to keep costs down. Its a used bike and its all Shimano apart from the front mech which is sram so would like to swap it to XT :)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Why?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    This ^^^
    The front mech does hardly any work and is not under any load so why bother with the expense of changing it?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Just a cosmetic thing really but as you say suppose it doesn't really do alot of work so cheers guys you hsve saved me some cash :D