Boardman Comp HT 650B 2014

timboellis
timboellis Posts: 223
edited July 2014 in MTB buying advice
I can get a brand new Boardman Mountain Bike Comp HT 650B 2014 - 19" for £427 this a good buy and worth the money anyone advise.

Will be for forest tracks (Very rough) large stone tracks , dirt track , a little MTB tracks if i feel brave enough and 10% road?

Thanks

Comments

• IDave
    IDave Posts: 223
    Yes
  • timboellis
    Thanks ordered it through halfords with 40% discount :-)

Also silly question but does it come with pedals(as not shown on the site)?
  • IDave
    IDave Posts: 223
    edited July 2014
    My previous post was a little brief! There are loads off posts about the bike in question. It is good for the rrp so at the discount it is a tremendous bargain.

Yes it comes with pedals, most likely cheap Wellgo items.
  • timboellis
    IDave wrote:
    My previous post was a little brief! There are loads off let's about the bike in question. It is good for the rrp so at the discount it is a tremendous bargain.

Yes it comes with pedals, most likely cheap Wellgo items.

Brilliant thanks puts my mind at rest , at an end of a 2 month search for the best bike / deal for me.
  • Cody
    Cody Posts: 565
    Hello, I'd like to know how you got the discount, I'm after the same bike, but can't afford it.

Please advise, thanks.

Cody
  • timboellis
    Well i used the code B15MTB01 however as of today it looks like there is 10% discount on Boardman bikes right now anyway so may not need that.
    When i bought it during the week there was also a further 10% discount off everything.
    But then bought the same value in vouchers that gave a further 10% of them and finally when i picked it up in store i used my British Cycling membership.

Hope that helps
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    You got lucky :) You shouldn't be able to use british cycling discount with web deals. So I was told last time I was in
  • Cody
    Cody Posts: 565
    Hello, yh thanks for that bit of info. Sounds a bit too complicated for me unless someone can guide me through it. I am willing to pay up to £650 for it, however with the 10% it should bring it down to £585?? That is better for me, unless halfords have a sale on soon. It's a nice bike. I'm saving up so should be able to purchase one at middle or end of August hopefully. I'm not sure if they'll still have the discounted rate available then but someone told me they reduce around bank holidays.