Help - Can't find anywhere stocking my size

skotbites
skotbites Posts: 17
edited July 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys, I went through the whole what should I buy post etc. thanks for all the advice so far.

Finally decided on a Cube Attention SL 29er, problem being no one seems to have any in 23" (and on cyclescheme) so I though ok I'll put a bit extra to and get the Cube Acid 29er (air fork) but again no beans.

My cyclescheme voucher doesn't expire so I can wait, however, I hear it's likely to be October before the new Cubes come out. This would mean no bike in this lovely weather we're having.

My other choice was a Scott Aspect 970 in XL however, I'd now much prefer the air fork on the Cube.

So, does anyone have any ideas where I can get a Cube Acid 29er in 23" or has anyone any experience with a store upgrading the forks on an off the shelf bike in order to make the sale? i.e upgrading the Scott to an air fork

I'm sat here with my shiny new helmet :lol: a few pairs of padded shorts and some gloves and no damn bike lol

Thanks
Scott

Comments

• IDave
    IDave Posts: 223
    How tall are you? And how long are your legs?
  • skotbites
    IDave wrote:
    How tall are you? And how long are your legs?

6'7" and around 36" inner leg.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Same size as me. You are unlucky as the new bikes come out around this time of year so 23" bikes are either out of stock or sold at sale prices. I ended up buying a 23" Specialized Carve ( now crave) which is the first bike I have bought which fits me without any adjustments. You may want to have a look at the rockhoppers which are available in 23" frames to see if you like them.

Not much choice in bikes when you are very tall but you can upgrade the components over time.
  • skotbites
    Kajjal wrote:
    Same size as me. You are unlucky as the new bikes come out around this time of year so 23" bikes are either out of stock or sold at sale prices. I ended up buying a 23" Specialized Carve ( now crave) which is the first bike I have bought which fits me without any adjustments. You may want to have a look at the rockhoppers which are available in 23" frames to see if you like them.

Not much choice in bikes when you are very tall but you can upgrade the components over time.

I looked at the rockhoppers originally but though I could get more spec for my money with the Cubes.

Cheers
  • Transition Trans AM 27.5
    Niner ROS9
  • skotbites

Yeah such a shame I emailed them earlier as the website indicates they ay do other schemes with an admin fee, but no such luck :(
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    skotbites wrote:
    Kajjal wrote:

I looked at the rockhoppers originally but though I could get more spec for my money with the Cubes.

Cheers

That's true, just giving you an option if you wanted a bike sooner than the autumn. The less popular sizes are normally the last to be available.