OS24 End Caps.... New Skewer which one??

supergrass
supergrass Posts: 123
edited August 2014 in MTB buying advice
to cut a long story short ive been an idiot and lost the end cap to my Front thru bolt....

I thought it was going to be as simple as rocking up to my local bike shop and getting a new one!!! nope, 3 shops say that cant source them... One said an alternative is a DT Swiss one at 50 Quid!!! 50 seems a bit steep, chain reaction sell them at 25 -30 but i have no idea what to get... Specialized themselves, basically wont help

My spec say they have OS24 end caps which i believe is just a Specialized reference...

this is my bike

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/spe ... e-ec030721

any ideas what i need or where i could get an end cap??

Thanks

Comments

• Chris5.5
    Chris5.5 Posts: 154
    Do you mean the bolt that goes on the end of the skewer that goes through the hub and holds the wheel on? If so superstar do a quick release that should fit, on my stumpy it is a 9mm through axle, and Superstar sell them for 8 delivered.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    The OS24 end cap sits on the end of the hub and provides a large surface area contact between the hub and the inside of the fork dropout.
    Is that what you have lost, or have you lost the 'nut' from the end of the through axle?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • supergrass
    supergrass Posts: 123
    Sorry been out of the country for a week with no WIFI

Thanks for the responses , yeah it's just the nut for the end , seems a simple thing to buy but all my local lbs say £50 for a new skewer

I will check out superstar