Foam roller

Dippydog2
Dippydog2 Posts: 291
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
I am thinking of buying one.

Are they all the same? Any recommendations?

It's for ITB massage.

Thanks.

Comments

• jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Much of a muchness.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I prefer the one with spikes but generally much of a muchness
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • daveski12
    daveski12 Posts: 158
    Got mine from Argos. They're all the same so just get one at a price you're happy to pay
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    daveski12 wrote:
    Got mine from Argos. They're all the same so just get one at a price you're happy to pay

I'm a runner as well as a cyclist and when I went looking at these in the local running shop where you could actually see the things and talk to someone who knew what they were on about (no disrespect intended) it was clear they weren't all the same.

As sa0u823e said there are the spiked ones and then the smooth ones and they also vary in the degree of stiffness (oh er missus :shock: ).

I preferred mine smooth and stiff :oops:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Dippydog2
    Dippydog2 Posts: 291
    arran77 wrote:
    daveski12 wrote:

I'm a runner as well as a cyclist and when I went looking at these in the local running shop where you could actually see the things and talk to someone who knew what they were on about (no disrespect intended) it was clear they weren't all the same.

As sa0u823e said there are the spiked ones and then the smooth ones and they also vary in the degree of stiffness (oh er missus :shock: ).

I preferred mine smooth and stiff :oops:
    I have gone for smooth and stiff.

Great minds think alike.

It was only £12 delivered from Amazon as well.
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    I have use one after every piece of exercise after being hit by a hockey ball on the side of the knee a few years back and have gone through many.

I would advise making your own out of some PVC pipe or one by Trigger Point. I use their Quadballer which is well made and nice and compact which makes it easy to take when travelling.

http://www.tptherapy.com/Shop/Product-Viewer/Quadballer