Sutton bank red trail

divingmoose
divingmoose Posts: 540
edited October 2014 in MTB rides
Hi guys
The new red route at Sutton bank has opened and wondered has anyone ridden it yet

Comments

• al1392
    al1392 Posts: 5
    I've been up last weekend to check it out. Really nice ride, general overview is if you're wanting/expecting trail centre riding like dalby ect you'll probably be disappointed. Having said that there are some really nice technical downhill sections, but be wary of flying down on your first time because there is lots of gates (I had a couple of close calls). The majority of the route follows existing bridleways and some bits down some quite roads. A good amount of the bridleways have been improved (hard packed) which makes for easier riding in the wet as there was a lot of horse evidence around chewing muddy sections up. I was there for first light and it was 0.5 Celsius so there wasn't to many people there but I suspect care would be required with sharing with walkers and horses, would be very hairy some of the downhills on the route if someone or a dog appeared coming the other way. On the whole a really nice ride, some good downhills, some epic uphills (I'm a sucker for killing myself up hills) and really nice views.