Sizing - well more turning space against the wheel

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
Friend wants to buy a bike and he just asked me if it it was ok if when turning the wheel and his foot was at 3 o clock it could hit the wheel. I said I think its ok as if you turn that sharply then your foot should be at 6 and 12, however I thought i'd best check with some wiser minds
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    On'y ever an issue in a car park.

If he turns the wheel that much out on the road he'll be on the floor anyway.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Toe overlap is a pretty common occurrence on modern compact framed bikes. As you rightly say it's not an issue in practice on the road, you just have to be aware of it if attempting tight turns when setting off / stopping.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    As others have said, in theory it's a problem on smaller compact frames when moving about slowly, in reality though not an issue :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I have quite a lot of toe overlap on my Condor, never been an issue in 25 years...
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Toe overlap isn't the end of the world, unless you fall off and die. Then it is.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Toe overlap isn't the end of the world, unless you fall off and die. Then it is.

not really the end of the world just the end of your life
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy