First bike

Canaan
Canaan Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi guys need advice please. I'm new to cycling and I'm in process of choosing a road bike but which one. Well here's my options Raleigh airlite 100 2300 2012 road bike, white triban3, black triban 500se and barracuda Corvus 2 . Please guys give me some advice they all have good reviews

Comments

• Scotteesh
    Scotteesh Posts: 35
    Have a look at the new calibre range from go outdoors. Cracking bikes for the price!
  • dombhoy
    dombhoy Posts: 147
    black triban se out of the ones youve picked but i would also look at lower end felts from wiggle
  • macleod113
    macleod113 Posts: 560
    The Triban 500se has the best equipment on it, however you need to consider some other bits and bobs before taking the plunge.

have you got a total budget including helmet, gloves, clothing, shoes/pedals, repair kit, pump etc?
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I've got one of the above mentioned lower end Felts from Wiggle. It's superb for the money.
  • macleod113
    macleod113 Posts: 560
    I think buying online is great to save a few pounds but the OP is new to cycling so may not be confident enough to build a bike from the box even if only to adjust the handlebars/pedals.
    at least from the likes of Decathlon, they will build it up for you and its a friendly enough shop should you have questions and queries.
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • iga
    iga Posts: 155
    Key advantage of the Tribans from Decathlon is you can go and try them for size, one of they key considerations for someone new to cycling. You also seem to get web levels of value but a bricks and mortar store you can deal with.
    FCN 7
    Aravis Audax, Moulton TSR