Reporting a Driver to the Police

rob2213
rob2213 Posts: 3
edited July 2014 in Road general
Hello,
I am new to the forum and would appreciate some advise
On my commute home I have been regularly been cut up by a black VW golf (at least half a dozen times), tonight no cars coming the other way but he managed to get within a foot of my elbow. He must be fairly local to me as the closest was less than a mile from my house.
Anyway I got his full registration and I am debating whether it is worth reporting him to the police. Has anybody got experience of this and what is the procedure or am I just wasting my time.
I feel I should do this as eventually someone is going to get knocked off by this kn*b.

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Report it before he knocks someone off!!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Plus one, i certainly would... Do a 101 or pop into your local and see what they advise. At the very least, there will be a note on his records
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Cannot believe you have waited this long if he/she has done it 6 times :shock:
    I would have bought a Garmin Virb by now too!
  • rob2213
    rob2213 Posts: 3
    Carbonator
    It has taken me this long to get his full registration as I was usually hanging on for grim death. I have just sent an e-mail to our local PC with the details. Will let you know if I get a response.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    If your local force is like my old one, call it in on the non-emergency line so an incident gets created. That way, the control room will need a result to close the incident down. An e-mail to a local PBO can easily get put to the back of the queue or even ignored by some lazy arsed coppers. You want words of advice administering to the driver on the incident so any future incidents involving him/her have some weight behind them.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • curto80
    curto80 Posts: 314
    Absolutely report it first thing you do tomorrow. Make sure you explain that there's been a series of incidents and that you have been put in genuine fear of your safety by this idiot. If they don't agree to speak to the driver about their behaviour then take it to the chief constable. Seriously you could save someone's life, whether yours or someone else's.
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • gozzy
    gozzy Posts: 640
    Report. Report. Report.
  • Old_Timer
    Old_Timer Posts: 262
    I may be in the states, but as the brother of a retired law enforcement lieutenant, please report this scum now, (as soon as you can.) He is going to hurt you or someone, or worse with his antics.

Glad that you haven't been hurt, now get him reported to your PC.
    Lets just got for a ride, the heck with all this stuff...