Why so many Bianchis on Embankment on Sunday?

lastant
lastant Posts: 526
edited July 2014 in Commuting chat
Was travelling back home having nipped into the office on Sunday morning and passed about twenty guys on Bianchis heading west on Embankment around Temple station.

Time was probably about 10.20, anybody know who they were / what club they're part of? Most nodded back, they just stood out a bit compared to the usual groups I've seen that aren't in specific club kit that's all.
One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Bianchi rally... some familiar faces...

Gimondi_f8%20reduced.jpg
    bike.jpg

this guy was only a lookalike instead... :cry:
    pantani.jpg
    left the forum March 2023
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Gotta love the Bianchi, especially since they come with Campagnolo grouppo :D
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • ugo.santalucia
    drlodge wrote:

Not all of them... certainly not the one I had

rome.jpg
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    drlodge wrote:

Mine comes with a Shimano Sorry-I mean Sora groupset
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    drlodge wrote:

rome.jpg

First Bianchi I've seen that I liked :lol: 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • ugo.santalucia
    arran77 wrote:
    drlodge wrote:

rome.jpg

They used to have a great range of BMX in the 80s... I really really really wanted the one with black frame and gold rims!
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    arran77 wrote:
    drlodge wrote:

rome.jpg

They used to have a great range of BMX in the 80s... I really really really wanted the one with black frame and gold rims!
    Are you sure you weren't lusting after a Raleigh Ultra Burner?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • ugo.santalucia
    I am sure... we didn't have any of that Raleigh crap back in Italy... :wink:
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I am sure... we didn't have any of that Raleigh crap back in Italy... :wink:
    burner19_jpg_jpg.jpg
    Still a good looking bike in my eyes.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • ugo.santalucia
    true
  • lastant wrote:
    Was travelling back home having nipped into the office on Sunday morning and passed about twenty guys on Bianchis heading west on Embankment around Temple station.

Time was probably about 10.20, anybody know who they were / what club they're part of? Most nodded back, they just stood out a bit compared to the usual groups I've seen that aren't in specific club kit that's all.

I think this may have had something to do with the annual Italian parade called 'The procession of Our Lady of Mount Carmel'. Most parts of Clerkenwell and Farringdon were sealed off and police were in attendance to marshall the event.
    Give 'em hell
  • ugo.santalucia
    I think this may have had something to do with the annual Italian parade called 'The procession of Our Lady of Mount Carmel'. Most parts of Clerkenwell and Farringdon were sealed off and police were in attendance to marshall the event.

So how do you explain the presence of Jan Ullrich? :shock:
  • YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576

So how do you explain the presence of Jan Ullrich? :shock:

That's "Der Kaiser" to you.