105 Front Mech adjustment

gpgiant
gpgiant Posts: 26
edited July 2014 in Workshop
Hi

I've recently adjusted my 105 front mech due to chain rub. I set it up on the stand and all was OK on both chainrings and cassette. However, I'm still getting chain rub on low gears/small ring & high gears/big ring when cycling. Back on stand, chain rub still there but not as bad when cycling. Adjusted again but still rubs when cycling. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Comments

• curium
    curium Posts: 815
    Are you using the trim function?
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    I had the same problem, I completely loosened both stop screws, got the cable tension correct then readjusted the stop screws, sorted it .
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Trim function: iIe press the left lever in half way and it will click - this moves the mech a tadge (trims) and means that you can run the gears that you want.

Now cue barrage of posts saying that you shouldn't run gear x with gear y, etc etc.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    As I understand the post he is having problem with big ring small cog, small ring big cog. Trim function is for the more common chain noise on big/big small/small is it not?
  • gpgiant
    gpgiant Posts: 26
    Thanks for your replies. The trim function is working fine, just find it strange why it's ok when set up on stand and rubs when cycling. I'll have another set up with what you suggest plodder.