suntour fork upgrade

markhusbands
markhusbands Posts: 85
edited July 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi, I'm thinking about upgrading my suntour fork from the quitenheavy XCM fork to a lighter suntour air fork, don't really want a rockshox so was either looking at suntour radion or epicon , anyone know the difference as they seem similar beside the price,tia mark
'I'll trek two please....!
To HT or not to HT is the question...

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Epicon is lighter, with more damper options. Is a better fork, and seems better made too.
  • I noticed on suntour website you can't get the 9mm qr version in the epicon model, however I've seen some on eBay which are 9mm qr version so i may grab a pair before there obsolete. I've only just learnt about those 15mm thru axle ones that are more popular now,technology in bikes is moving fast....
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    how much travel? there are some deals to be had on CRC site for manitou forks or you could look second hand for a bargin.
  • aradoman
    aradoman Posts: 66
    I have both raidon and epicon forks, the raidons aren't really that good, I'd almost say my old xcm's were nicer, the epicons however are a nice fork, and adjusting travel between 80 mm and 140mm is pretty easy
  • About 100 mm will do, I might go for the epicons, is it true what I've read that they aren't home serviceable? As I like to fix/maintain my own bikes where I can!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Basic services can be done at home. Suntour have full diagrams of the internals.