Platform pedals, light + grip.

Sothis
Sothis Posts: 9
edited July 2014 in MTB buying advice
Looking for some DH pedals; was going to go with Straitline but they don't have sealed bearings and at £160 its something I'd expect. Looking for something super grippy as my foot tends to fall off the pedal during big jumps.

Comments

• felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    I use Superstar Ultramags on 2 of the bikes (one DH) and they're great. Light, grippy and they've taken some big whacks and so far seem up to the job
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Sothis
    Defo a contender, at 260g for a pair looks good if they're grippy enough. What should do u use them with?
  • felix.london
    Sothis wrote:
    Defo a contender, at 260g for a pair looks good if they're grippy enough. What should do u use them with?

Guess that meant to say shoes. Currently using a pair of Five Ten Line Kings which are getting to the end of their life but have recently realised that DC shoes with the tread pattern below have far more grip than the Five Tens. Nearly liked being clipped in! So just ordered a pair for £30 over half the price of the Line Kings

001006058_c.jpg

Trek Session 8
  • Bsjkc11
    Bsjkc11 Posts: 6
    Hi, can anybody help me. I'm looking to buy a pair of superstar nano tech pedals in green. Can't find them anywhere in stock on the web.
  • Sothis
    Sothis wrote:

Guess that meant to say shoes. Currently using a pair of Five Ten Line Kings which are getting to the end of their life but have recently realised that DC shoes with the tread pattern below have far more grip than the Five Tens. Nearly liked being clipped in! So just ordered a pair for £30 over half the price of the Line Kings

What's the model of those? And yeah, meant to say /shoe/ ;)
  • felix.london
    there's plenty with that tread pattern - I have a pair but they look more like tennis shoes, white fabric uppers - plenty grip but they'd get destroyed on the trail. Find a good online skate shoe site and they normally have pictures of the soles too

Trek Session 8
  • felix.london
    Bsjkc11 wrote:
    Hi, can anybody help me. I'm looking to buy a pair of superstar nano tech pedals in green. Can't find them anywhere in stock on the web.

Superstar?

Trek Session 8
  • Bsjkc11
    Yes superstar.
  • Sothis
    well yeah I've been using netball/volleyball shoes at the moment, they are super flat, thought they will have good grip - but they don't.

And superstars - I think he means the CNC nano ones; but I've only ever saw them in purple.
  • felix.london
    Bsjkc11 wrote:
    Yes superstar.

Have you tried the Superstar website!?

Trek Session 8
  • Bsjkc11
    Hi. I've just bought some off the superstar website. It was saying out of stock. But now available. Thanks.
  • Sothis
    Bsjkc11 wrote:
    Hi. I've just bought some off the superstar website. It was saying out of stock. But now available. Thanks.

grats, enjoy them
  • gt5xcr
    gt5xcr Posts: 77
    Sothis wrote:
    Sothis wrote:

What's the model of those? And yeah, meant to say /shoe/ ;)

Check out Rollersnakes or amazon for dc shoes. I currently have dc stags but Rollersnakes no longer stock them but they have other dc's. I've just ordered dvs comanche's from amazon to replace my dc's.you can get stags from amazon also.

Agree with Felix the pill pattern tread on dc's are great for grip .
    GT I_DRIVE 5 XCR IN BLUE.

Ride everywhere, To/from work(12hrs work a day/5 days a week) and still the energy to hit the trails.