Get Well Soon Brian

lakesluddite
lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
edited July 2014 in Road general
I see even 83 year old pioneering British cycling legends are not immune from idiot motorists (assumption, I know..).

Hope he recovers properly, get well soon Brian.

FROM BBC
British cycling legend Brian Robinson, 83, has been taken to hospital after being knocked off his bike near his home in West Yorkshire.

The pioneering veteran road racer was hit by a car while out riding with friends in Thornhill Lees on Wednesday.

He is being kept in hospital overnight and is being treated for a suspected broken collar bone.

In 1955 he became the first Briton to finish the Tour de France and in 1958 was the first to win a stage.

Mr Robinson was travelling down Lees Hall Road, in Thornhill Lees, at about 13:20 BST when he came off his bicycle.

His son-in-law, Martyn Bolt said: "He was descending a road when the collision happened. He has suffered multiple bruises and lacerations and what looks like a broken collar bone.

"We don't know how long he will be in hospital for, but we are hoping he will be back on his bike before too long.

Comments

• Old_Timer
    Old_Timer Posts: 262
    Get well Brian, we need the legends of our sport around to inspire us in our riding and training.
    Lets just got for a ride, the heck with all this stuff...
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    GWS Brian!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Yes get well Brian, I hope you're back on your bike soon.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,614
    I met Brian up in Yorkshire, lovely guy so was real sad to hear this. GWS, Brian :)
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • CXrider
    CXrider Posts: 141
    GWS.

They were talking about Brian only a couple of days back on Eurosport TdF as it happens.
    Hero.
    Pedal to Paris blog at http://RideToParis.co.uk
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    All the best, Brian. Hope you read this forum. I remember my dad telling me all about you when I was starting out. Got me on the road to wanting to become the next Brit at the Tour. You were obviously more successful than I was at achieving this. Get well soon and I hope you're back out on the bike soon.