giant bikes 2015

lesmitch
lesmitch Posts: 12
edited August 2014 in MTB general
looking at giant have started to release some 2015 bikes any thoughts on what we would like to see???
xtr di2 equipped anthem or xtc

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    lesmitch wrote:
    looking at giant have started to release some 2015 bikes any thoughts on what we would like to see???
    xtr di2 equipped anthem or xtc
    No. Just no.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • fridgehq
    fridgehq Posts: 54
    2017 will be engine time next Might as well go and buy a motocross or trial bike and have done with it
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    edited July 2014
    fridgehq wrote:
    2017 will be engine time next Might as well go and buy a motocross or trial bike and have done with it

Rode an ebike on the weekend. All I can say is, don't knock it till you've tried it.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • fridgehq
    fridgehq Posts: 54
    No true everyone to their own I suppose I am old school and stuck in the mud really
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    If Giant drop the stupid Overdrive 2 headset and give some better fork options I will buy a Trance SX. Iwas put right off by the Fox CTD evo fork with odd size steerer this year.
    An Anthem X29er would be nice but I believe they are dropping the 29er for a 27.5 version.
    An updated Glory would be nice as well. It could be a bit slacker and longer though I hope they keep a 26" version. I have tried a 650b downhill bike and really didn't like it.
    I certainly wouldn't buy a Di2 version. Electronics have no place on my mountain bikes.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    fridgehq wrote:
    I suppose I am old school and stuck in the mud really

Not at all. Barring injury or infirmity I certainly wouldn't buy one as it goes against the whole point of getting on a bike for me - the wonder of physically propelling yourself and that direct mechanical connection between you, the bike and the trail. All the same, it really did put a big smile on my face the way it bolts up hill. Quite amazing.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • rockmonkeysc
    E bikes have a place. They would be great for increasing your range in the mountains to get to really remote trails. Also good for injured and disabled riders.
    Not for me at the moment though.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    E bikes have a place. They would be great for increasing your range in the mountains to get to really remote trails. Also good for injured and disabled riders.
    Not for me at the moment though.

Exactly all this what he just said up there ^^^
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • rockmonkeysc
    Whats the chances of Giant giving in and scrapping Overdrive 2?
    If it caught on as a standard with other manufacturers then it would be ok but as it is you have to use a Giant stem and headset choices are limited and if you want to change the fork your original is worthless and won't sell.
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    When I was looking at new bikes it was a reason not to buy rather than a selling point. Surely that must be the case for a lot of people?
  • lesmitch
    lesmitch Posts: 12
    anybody got prices for the 2015 giant mountain bikes
  • kirby700
    kirby700 Posts: 458
    http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bik ... 232/77347/

there all on the website. They havent binned off overdrive and the specs are still sh**te. I really wanted the trance 2 but the forks put me right off. Unless of course the 2015 Fox evolution are all sorted. ?

The trance sx looked really good last year but they have put £300 on and changed to x0. Way too expensive for me to change.
    GIANT XTC 2.5
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS - NOW GONE
    NUKEPROOF MEGA TR 275 COMP
    YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Overdrive is a normal tapered steerer. Overdrive 2 was the 1 1/4" one, so yes they have binned it. Shockingly they've actually upped the spec on the trance 2 apart from the cassette it's all the same or slightly better.
  • kirby700
    Ah didn't know the overdrive and overdrive 2. The specs are virtually the same but does any one know if fox evolution forks are ok now?

Last years bike nearly made me want it but the damming reviews just put me off.
    GIANT XTC 2.5
    YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA
  • Antm81
    I've found the fox forks ok so far, firmer than my revelations, just trying to get them set up how I like now.
  • kirby700
    Just loooked at yours very bloody jealous. Stealthy black on black.
    GIANT XTC 2.5
    YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA
  • Antm81
    Thanks, the matte black was why I went for the 2. The new one doesn't look bad either though.
  • rockmonkeysc
    I was going to buy the 2014 Trance 1 but was really disappointed with the fork after a test ride. The damping was awful and flex was really bad as well, that combined with a weird size steerer which meant I wouldn't be able to sell it put me right off the bike. The frame was brilliant though.
    I believe Fox have fixed the reliability issues with the CTD Evolution fork but it's still the same damper. The advantage with 2015 bikes is you could sell the fork as new and get enough cash bike to buy a Revelation and you wouldn't need to add much more to get a Pike.
    If I was buying a new Trail bike this year it would be between the Trance and the Kona Process 134.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Do the Trances not come with Pikes? The rental fleet in whistler all have 140mm pikes. Maybe that is a SRAM/Giant hook up for the mountain?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Antm81
    Mostly fox forks and some revs, one of the carbon ones might have pikes. Could be a change in spec for a different market though. One day I may fit a set of pikes at 150mm on mine, can't justify the cost yet though.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Last year the US market Trance SX had Pikes.