TIME ZXRS Di2 battery mount - HELP!

tjoeplies
tjoeplies Posts: 3
edited July 2014 in Workshop
Hi,

I have a TIME ZXRS electronic frame that I am trying to put together with Dura Ace Di2 (external battery).
The frame comes with a plastic battery bracket with 2 bolt holes. It is obvious that one bolt mounts onto one of the threaded holes on the lower downtube. However, the other hole on the plastic bracket lines up with an unthreaded plain hole on the bottom of the BB shell - this is the part that confuses me.

I have not been able to find any information from the internet, and my nearest TIME dealer is a good distance away from where I live.

If anyone can help or post a good pictures, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Comments

• Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    ZXRS-Elec-Mount-473x401.jpg

There is no way I would fit the battery there. It has to be the single worst place. Whilst the Di2 battery holder is reasonably water resistant, putting it there would be like jet washing it for hours on a wet ride. You would be asking for trouble by mounting it in the wettest spot on the whole bike.

Have you tried dropping an email to the manufacturer?
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • tjoeplies
    tjoeplies Posts: 3
    The Shimano Di2 battery mount is different, pretty much same location, but the battery sits lower profile at right angle, like this:
    http://s.wiggle.co.uk/images/time-di2-info-large.jpg

But I am wondering how the bracket is secured into the lower BB shell, as my frame only has a plain-drilled through hole.

Time Sport USA referred me to my nearest dealer, which is some good distance away from where I live. I emailed them yesterday and still waiting for reply - they will probably ignore me since I did not buy the frame from them - I bought the frame when I was vacationing overseas. I also emailed Time France, hopefully they will respond.

Worse come to worse, I will just use a low-profile nut and Loctite with the supplied M5 screw.

Another problem I have with the frame is, the saddle yoke on the seatmast is too narrow for my saddle, so I have to order an aftermarket POP seatpost yoke:
    http://fairwheelbikes.com/parts-of-pass ... -3799.html
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    I wouldn't use Loctite. It is an acid and will eat away the carbon resin, weakening the area it touches.

If the underside of the downtube was the manufacturers preferred location, I would fit an internal battery or would use the bottle cage battery holder.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro