When do 2015 bikes appear, and discounted 2014's???

mckeann
mckeann Posts: 6
edited July 2014 in MTB general
As per title, when do the new bikes start appearing for next year, and when do the shops like pauls cycles start discounting this years models??

Currently riding a 5 year old hard tail orange P7, just getting back into mountain biking after a lengthy excursion due to back problems. I'm looking to spend 2-3k on a FS mid travel trail bike, and just wondering If I should hold off a few more months or just jump now.

Comments

• Some 2015 models have already starred to appear, I always go on Evans website for a peek as they have a sole link on their website for next years models all ready released and they seem to update it regularly, also leisure lakes tend to put 2015 bikes are thier site early too! As for discounts generally early 2015 they will appear normally.
    'I'll trek two please....!
    To HT or not to HT is the question...
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Usually about September but you can only buy what is left over and may be restricted by the size you need. My road bike was was 30% off in the sales last year when I bought it. My mountain bike was just bought normally and I negotiated a discount in the shop as it was exactly what I wanted and I didn't want to gamble.
  • kester
    kester Posts: 79
    there was an article on B.R homepage the other day saying that Kona 2015 bikes will be released on their website on 21st July. not sure whether they are just releasing the line-up or whether you can buy straight away.
    link:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/k ... kes-41721/
  • Ryan Jones
    Ryan Jones Posts: 775
    Typically discounts are september onwards, however given that you can barely get hold of many 2014 bikes already I wouldn't hold your breath for the cream of the crop which overstocked, rather the leftovers that nobody wanted.
  • mckeann
    mckeann Posts: 6
    I ended up buying a 2013 Cannondale trigger Carbon 1 with 26" wheels from pauls cycles. Couldn't wait, should arrive tomorrow :D
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Ryan Jones wrote:
    Typically discounts are september onwards, however given that you can barely get hold of many 2014 bikes already I wouldn't hold your breath for the cream of the crop which overstocked, rather the leftovers that nobody wanted.

That happens every year. Then in September suddenly a load appear. I guess they must get them from other countries left over stock.
    I have bought two Giants in the autumn sales after they had sold out in spring or early summer.
    I never buy at full price anymore. No matter what bike I intend to buy I can guarantee I will be able to get it in the Autumn with a huge discount. I saved over a grand on my Scalp and £600 on my Mega frame. The best discount I have had was a £3k Giant Reign X for £1200.