Ridley 29" carbon bikes

mike61es
mike61es Posts: 4
edited July 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi. Does anybody have any experience or knowledge with Ridley mountain bikes. I've been offered a secondhand 29" Ridley Ignite. It has a carbon frame and XX components. I've never heard of this manufacturer and can't find much information about this bike on the internet. Hence my posting here, to see if I can get some advice.
Thanks
Mike

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Ridley are a big bike manufacturer who have at least one team running their road bikes in the TdF. They're a big name in cyclocross too (their CX bikes are generally very well thought of).

Also, your google-fu is appalling. Type 'Ridley Ignite 29er review' into google and take your pick of 60,900 hits.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • mike61es
    Also, your google-fu is appalling. Type 'Ridley Ignite 29er review' into google and take your pick of 60,900 hits.

That's exactly what I typed in Google but most of the results are online shops or Ridley pricing. Can't find any proper reviews. Not on the first 3 pages anyway.
  • Sammo123
    Sammo123 Posts: 33
    I just bought a Ridley Blast 7DA frame and I very impressed with it! It's very very light and the quality looks excellent! I asked the same question before buying it and no one seemed to be able to offer much knowledge on them but the few reviews I managed to find online gave them glowing reports!
  • mike61es
    Thanks Sammod123
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Just to be clear, he says it's very light, yet despite being asked hasn't provided a weight.....one persons very light is anothers fairly heavy.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Sammo123
    Sammo123 Posts: 33
    Blimey give it a rest!

The Ridley Blast 7DA frame weighs around 1.78kg according to my kitchen scales!