h plus son and squealing brakes

ianbar
ianbar Posts: 1,354
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
i love my h plus son rims, but my front brakes are squealing a lot when braking at high speed or requiring a lot of braking in a short space of time.i wondered if there was a reason for concern with this? I'm not 100% sure what the brake pads are as the lbs changed them and didn't ask, i assume shimano. cheers
enigma esprit
cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    I'd say it's the brake pads... given they have just been changed... let them bed in a bit... they are probably coated in mould-releasing agent, typically a silicone product
    left the forum March 2023
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    ok cheers, is it worth giving them a little scrub with a file? looks like it is going to be incredibly wet for my local sportive on saturday morning so don't want dodgy noises from my brakes! lol
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    ianbar wrote:
    ok cheers, is it worth giving them a little scrub with a file? looks like it is going to be incredibly wet for my local sportive on saturday morning so don't want dodgy noises from my brakes! lol

If it's wet then your pads will be scrubbed more than adequately within 5 seconds of you first applying them!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Toe in reduces or elimates squeel so can cleaning the rims and the pads. Some pads just squeel shimano V-brakes pads from the 90's did that alot. You may have to change the pads again if the above does not help. Toe in normally sorts its.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.