Evans brake bleeding (do they really need to send if off)

2»

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Prowlus wrote:
    I would suspect that in no small part the failure is due to the way they were installed by evans rather than the product itself.

Evans are Halfords for people who don't like orange

Can I ask , how could evans incorrectly install a caliper which could lead to a compression olive failing and squirting fluid everywhere? I asked them that when i returned today and they said all they did was bolt on the calipers and lever as the DB3s were supposedly bled by Sram before sending them off.
    99% certain they would have had to shorten the cables. So cut and fitted a new olive at the lever end. Or recycled the old one.
    I blame Wiggle.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Prowlus wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    Prowlus wrote:
    supersonic wrote:
    ? I'm really considering replacing them with deores after this

do that anyway, then sell the brakes that they give you as a replacement

you can get slx for £110 now.

Is that per caliper or set? I've noticed alot of the low and mid range 2014/2015 FS bikes now sport shimano, hope or formula brakes and not a sign of AVID/SRAM

£90 on merlin at the minute! for a set!
    http://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-slx ... 58528.html
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Briggo wrote:
    I must have the only set of Avids that never fails and works perfectly.

Worth their weight in gold then.

My Big Hit has a set of Juicy 4's which to be honest cause me no issues at all - they aren't powerful and I dont use the bike that much but I haven't had any complaints other than when refitting new pads they are a bit of a fiddle to seat in the caliper properly. Like I said they aren't powerful and I am not a fan of the lever feel and they tend to make a bit of noise but mechanically they are fine.

I'd swap them for deore if they ever gave me reason to doubt them.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.