Numbness

slowrider001
slowrider001 Posts: 11
Im a male rider and fairly new to cycling or rather a 35 year gap. Anyway while riding i'm experiencing complete numbness between my legs and not sure what to do about it. I have tried different types of shorts some to big for more room a better quality pair for more support can anyone offer any advice please

Comments

• Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Saddle?
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Underscore
    Underscore Posts: 730
    I can't give you any direct advice since I've not experienced what you are describing but my wife was complaining about some discomfort during/after riding a while back. I adjusted the saddle so that it was dead level and her knee cap was above the ball of the foot when the crank was at the 3 o'clock position (which meant moving it forward a bit) and the problem has completely gone away.

So make sure your current saddle is properly adjusted. If you still suffer, it is probably time to look for alternative saddles but you probably want to see if you can borrow one before shelling out - they are expensive things to buy only to find that you don't get one with the new one either!

HTH,

_
  • alistaird
    alistaird Posts: 290
    There are loads of discussions on here about that problem. Saddle fit normally seems to be the answer, Specialized cut outs or possibly a Rido or Adamo Saddle?

A
    Alistair

Best Weather Bike - Time ZXRS
    Summer Road Bike - Pinarello FPX Dogma
    Winter Road Bike- Colnago E1
    Being Dismantled - Sintesi Blade
    Mountain Bike - Sold them all....